+ Reply to Thread

Default Partner working FIFO, always away at ovulation. What are my options?

Hi everyone, I am hoping to get some advice about what my options are as I am very confused.

My DP works away 4 weeks out of 5, and I am not allowed where he works so flying up to see him is not an option. He will only be home about 3 times in a whole year when I am ovulating and it is disheartening. I have not yet managed to conceive trying naturally when he is home.

I am wondering about our options for self insemination and IUI. I live in SA and have been researching fertility clinics but I am starting to gather that we may not be classed as eligible for any form of treatment as we do not have a medical fertility problem that is known of and in SA the laws seem to indicate that only medically infertile couples are eligible.

I am wondering if there is a way around this, and whether there are any other options available to us? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Can he take time off around when you are ovulating some months? We did this and now have a 5 month old

Mount Evelyn
    Do you know which day of your cycle you ovulate? I have PCOS and my periods don't come on their own. I have to induce them with a medication called Primolut. I am wondering if you could alter your cycle using this medication and time your ovulation window with the week that your husband is home. You would need to talk to a ob/gyn I suspect.