+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC and going for an interview for a job?

Hi Ladies,

Since DS was born in 2010 i went on maternity leave to stay home with him for 1 year, the time came so fast and i decided i wanted to stay home longer so i quit my job and have stayed home ever since so it has almost been 3yrs. I now feel like i would like to get out of the house and work the day's DS is at daycare so i applied for a job and it's perfect for 3 days per week and would also be great for the extra money, DS goes to daycare 2 day's per week so i would just need to book DS in for one extra day per week.

I can't help but keep stressing because we are ttc our next bub we have been trying for just over a year and had a misscarriage along the way, i would have hoped to have our second bub by now and then be returning to work after but it hasn't worked that way and is taking longer then expected.

Is it bad of me to be going for this interview knowing i am ttc? and if i was to get pregnant soon after starting (if i get this job) would that make me look bad?

On top of that i am scared to be returning to work because it has been so long im also stressing about the interview it's been so long since i have had an interview it would be 9year's now since i was in my last job for 6yrs and i have now been home with DS for 3yrs im stressing that i will get that nervous i wont be able to answer the question's.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No it's not bad to be looking for work while TTC. I probably wouldn't bother if I was already pregnant but that isn't the case. And although I hope it happens soon for you, you don't know how long it might take. So go for it! The longer you are out the workforce the harder/more nervous you will be.

Just remember that if you start a job and you will have less than 12 months service by your EDD, you won't be entitled to 12 months leave and your job back at the end of that time.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

happy86  (18-04-2013)

Three Little Birds is offline Formerly Squiggsmom - I'll make it to the moon if I have to crawl.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I started a new job 11 months ago knowing we were going to TTC 2 months after I started. My boss hired me even though he assumed we would have another one (it wasn't brought up in the interview). It's been 9 months and we still haven't been successful. So, I say go for it. But KW is right about leave and job entitlements so that's something to think about.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Three Little Birds For This Useful Post:

happy86  (19-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Go for it. I fell pregnant the week I started at a job and they were really good about it all when I told them. I did however hold off on telling them until I was 18 weeks. I even got maternity leave even though I wasn't entitled to it because it was less than a year but they really wanted me to come back.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbimummi For This Useful Post:

happy86  (19-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would still apply. You don't know when you'll get preg so if you get preg 3 to 4 months after then you would if done your 12mths service and be eligible for mat leave. I applied for another job internally at work and found out I was pregnant 4 wk later. I officially started @ that job at 6 wks and didn't tell them till 14wks. But I was already at the company pernanently for 18mths. I woukd do it now before u fall preg becauae they can fire you during probation period without an excuse and little warning.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ProudMumma34 For This Useful Post:

happy86  (21-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I cant believe it but I got my BFP yesterday!! Perfect timing ha ha so now I'm not going to go for interview

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Congrats!

I would still go! Just because you're PG doesn't mean you can't work (if you want to of course!).

12. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

Rarity  (21-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe that was the sign you needed! Congrats happy86! Maybe do some casual work if you want to work a bit before....I personally wouldn't though lol. Good excuse not too.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ProudMumma34 For This Useful Post:

happy86  (22-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think it's fair to apply for a permanent job knowing you will leave in 8 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I don't think it would be fair to apply its childcare so I wouldn't be able to lift kids or change nappies and would not get maternity leave so there is no point considering I'm already tired and have a toddler to look after so I'm more then happy to stay home and enjoy this pregnancy then return to work once my family is completed