+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think people have different definitions of "willingly expose".

DS constantly had a clear runny nose from daycare. He isn't sick, it's just a runny nose. But I don't see one mum anymore as (IMO) she is overly neurotic and would rather quarantine her child from everything and everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Having a runny nose or slight cough in my opinion is different to exposing others to a highly contagious virus eg. Gastro, hand foot and mouth or chicken pox.

If DS has been sick in the last week or has a clear runny nose or cough I always let the other parent know before we catch up so they can decide whether or not they still want to, I think it's just common courtesy to do so

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I have four and if I blamed myself everytime one got sick i would be a very depressed mummy! kids get sick how we deal with that is what is important.

Thanks
    Reviews
    lol no I usually blame the parents who drop their obviously green snotty nose kids off at daycare and expose him to it!!!

But at the end of the day like mentioned that whole immune system has to be built up at some point.

eta: clear noses, sniffs and slight coughs are fine, but it is that green goo or other obviously sick baby things I get annoyed with> and I don't understand it either. I would take the time off to loook after a kid that sick even if it meant a day without pay.
    Last edited by upforroundtwo; 19-04-2013 at 14:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes sometimes I do feel so but only when I took him out and he got sick. I think we should care for them to get them recovered fast rather than having a feeling of guilt. Should take care of those things that don't suit them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I think our kids would be far more upset with us if we stopped them from having friends and life experiences that involve mingling with other people. I find it's harder on us than it is on the children themselves. They've forgotten by the time the bug has passed in most instances.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Pregnor  (19-04-2013)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Nope, but i blame them when i get sick

Germ machines

Braiiiiins
    *60kilos lost*
    Last edited by Zombie_eyes; 19-04-2013 at 15:35.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (19-04-2013),Ellewood  (19-04-2013),FearlessLeader  (19-04-2013),Pregnor  (19-04-2013),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (19-04-2013),Uh-Oh  (19-04-2013),upforroundtwo  (19-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hate it when somebody comes to visit me with their kids and tells me when they're about to leave "oh we've had gastro". Next thing you know, me and my kids get gastro. Then DD gets a urinary infection from the gastro. Which gets treated but apparently not treated long enough cause it came back worse and we ended up in hospital at 3am. And took longer to clear cause the antibios she was on the second time proves useless (resistant to the bug) so onto a different antibiotic. Argh! If you have gastro or anything like that please stay away!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Germs are a fact of life.... Ultimately they're good for our kids, and us... Our immunity needs them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurfberrylizard View Post
    Hate it when somebody comes to visit me with their kids and tells me when they're about to leave "oh we've had gastro". Next thing you know, me and my kids get gastro. Then DD gets a urinary infection from the gastro. Which gets treated but apparently not treated long enough cause it came back worse and we ended up in hospital at 3am. And took longer to clear cause the antibios she was on the second time proves useless (resistant to the bug) so onto a different antibiotic. Argh! If you have gastro or anything like that please stay away!
    I'm hearing you SBL my son got gastro from a child who was at another friends birthday party (she still had explosive diarrhea) well we ended up in hospital with DS after 48hrs of 41 degree temps vomiting and diahrrea he was screaming and in agony he had a complication from the gastro where his bowel telescoped in on itself and needed surgery!