+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    The wet hair thing is an old wives' tale anyway marianaluky colds are only caused by a virus. So not your fault at all, parents do not control the existence of viruses.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

baikirashero  (19-04-2013),marianaluky  (19-04-2013),RobinSparkles  (19-04-2013),tatia&shura  (19-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    The wet hair thing is an old wives' tale anyway marianaluky colds are only caused by a virus. So not your fault at all, parents do not control the existence of viruses.
    Do you know how many times i argue this point with DH? It drives me bonkers!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tatia&shura For This Useful Post:

marianaluky  (19-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know its so confusing.
    My mum was always saying that you cant leave the house with wet hair. I never got sick from doing this, though my sister did.

Its just not worth the hassle. Its just plain confusing. Lol

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Actually being cold or chilled means your body diverts energy and resources to maintain body temperature and then common viruses manage to replicate.

That's why ppl recommend you don't go out with wet hair in winter as your body temp gets lowered.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

marianaluky  (19-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marianaluky View Post
    I know its so confusing.
    My mum was always saying that you cant leave the house with wet hair. I never got sick from doing this, though my sister did.

Its just not worth the hassle. Its just plain confusing. Lol

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    It is a funny old wives tale which won't be put to rest haha but I think for comforts sake it's good to get them to dry their hair anyway. It's not nice feeling cold so you're doing the right thing.

Some feel as though they get a snuffly nose in the cold air, I do, but that's not a cold. There has to be a virus around to actually get one. You could go out in the freezing cold, and if there's no viruses around there's no way to get sick. You might get frostbite, but not a cold or flu.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Never, kids get sick. Especially, when like mine, he attends daycare twice a week plus everywhere else we go & the crap he puts in his mouth/picks up etc.

Dh did a get a stern telling off when he took him out one day without a jacket/socks... He didn't get sick though, and we live in the tropics now so dressing for weather doesn't apply anymore!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I often blame myself or find myself trying to figure out who DS could have possibly gotten sick from yet again. I have a group of "friends" who we no longer see cause everytime we did within 48hrs DS was sick because they always brought their children to catch ups even if they were sick with vomiting bugs, nasty viruses and one even had hand foot and mouth! Their excuse was kids get sick and theirs nothing you can do about it which yes is true but when you know a simple cold ends with my child in hospital struggling to breath why would you willingly expose him to that! Sorry bit of a rant its a sore spot for me.

Unfortunately sickness is just a part of life and kids can pick up bugs anywhere we can't keep them locked in the house with no visitors for their entire lives although when DS gets sick I really wish we could!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope kids get sick- its part of building a healthy immune system.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    He'll no. There are so many things in life I can't control. If I blamed myself for all of them I would go mental.

Accidents I kinda do. I am working in that.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't, but if somebody I know has willingly exposed their illness to my family then I do blame that person LOL!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum2EandR For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (19-04-2013)