+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Do you blame yourself when your kids gets sick?

DS 2 years old started throwing up from 3am this morning till now, every 30 min at the beginning and now every 3 hours so he's recovering. But I feel horrible! I blame myself every time he gets sick. I shouldn't have got him the sushi yesterday that's probably what caused it. I should have cooked him dinner. I should have cleaned his toys and cleaned the floor etc. every time he gets sick I do a huge house clean. Now I just hope DD if 6 months won't catch the stomach bug
    Do you blame yourself when you kids get sick?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes sometimes. Should've dressed them warmer. Should've been more careful that germs didnt spread between the siblings.
    But even tho we give ourselves a hard time, its not our fault. Kids will get sick. No matter how clean the house is. Try to be kinder to yourself

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Smurfberrylizard For This Useful Post:

tubster  (17-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No, I don't blame myself, and I think that unless someone knowingly or intentionally exposed their children to other sick people then you shouldn't either. Kids will get sick and it helps build their immune system.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No, never. I do occasionally get the guilts for being less patient with them the day before they get sick. I always look back and think 'ohhhh, that's why you were so grumpy/difficult/hard to get to sleep' and i do think I should know the 'signs' by now and feel guilty about that.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (18-04-2013),fullofhope  (19-04-2013),ICanDream  (18-04-2013),jfblady72  (18-04-2013),wktz  (18-04-2013),Zombie_eyes  (18-04-2013)

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    No, never. I do occasionally get the guilts for being less patient with them the day before they get sick. I always look back and think 'ohhhh, that's why you were so grumpy/difficult/hard to get to sleep' and i do think I should know the 'signs' by now and feel guilty about that.
    I agree with this it happens every time as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    This ^^

I do often think to myself damn I should've washed DS hands after that outing he might not have gotten sick or taking him to a play centre then 1-2 days later he's sick. We can't help it though... And if we really tried to stop them coming near germs you wouldn't be able to leave the house or eat outside the house. Try not be so hard on yourself Hun, getting sick is apart of life unfortunately

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Nah I usually blame someone else's kids. Lol.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

CMF  (18-04-2013),gizmoduckus  (19-04-2013),SimplyMum  (18-04-2013),wktz  (18-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    Nah I usually blame someone else's kids. Lol.
    Yep, this^.. Haha.
    Really if the kids are sick they've picked the bug up from daycare or school most likely. I can't control who they interact with there.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (19-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This^^^

If it was caused by the sushi its not your fault, just never buy it again this is the reason I don't buy sushi. I dont buy anything or eat anything that is known to cause food poisoning because i hate vomit. It also helps that i dont like sushi of course My DH though must have a dogs stomach because the things i have seen him eat...and he is fine!

You can't help if your kids get sick. Bugs are nasty things and unfortunately everybody gets sick. I hope he is feeling better very soon!!! It's so traumatic for the little ones