+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default TMI warning - 2nd degree tear bleeding

I gave birth on Friday evening and ended up with a 2nd degree tear at the perineum.
    My blood loss has decreased to a "comfortable" rate, but I'm still feeling so tender, I checked my stitches with a mirror this evening straight after my shower.
    It appears that almost all my blood loss is coming from the tear wound, rather than being discharge.
    I thought that would have stopped by now (5 days post partum).
    Does anyone know how long the wound should bleed? I don't want to panic but it seems unusual...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had second degree tearing inside and out with DD1 and I don't remember it bleeding at all really. Although its hard to tell due to post birth bleeding happening down there too. Mine was very red and sore and I was worried about infection so I got MCHN to check them when she did the first home visit. Or maybe go get your GP to check it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pippi, we meet again! Hehe.
    Thanks babe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i had a 2nd degree tear with dd1, and bleed for 6 weeks afterwards (but i also hemorrhaged after birth)...

it took a few weeks for me to feel comfortable again after she was born...
    i would def get the visiting nurse or a gp to check it if you are worried...

the home visiting nurse checked mine for me when she came to see me after having dd1.

put your mind at ease... but it can take a fews days-to a week if not more to feel 100% again