+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Getting on my nerves ( school vent)

I'm getting increasingly frustrated with DD's school, every week sometimes multiple times in a week they want money for this money for that,bring this bring that, plus P&C fundraising plus excursions, uniforms, books the usual.

Really starting to irritate me as they often want $5 here $6 there etc I NEVER carry money on me unless I need it right then and withdraw it. So it's almost never that I have a random $5 $6 on me which means I have to have major effort to go get it. And often they decide to tell us this the day before..

For example tomorrow they want every kid to bring a flower for the Anzac Day ceremony.. Where the eff am I going to buy or find a single flower? Do I look like I have time to frolick in the garden growing roses? It's 2pm and this email just came out just now.

I realise all the money they want goes
    To funding things at the school and its for a good cause it just seems that every single day I'm sending her to school with money for something....

Don't get me started on the fact she asked me for more lead pencils because the teacher asked her to ask me to get some.. Um what the hell happened to the pencils I bought her at the beginning of school! That were on the book list for the YEAR?!?!?!?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    is this a public school or a private one? you know with the pencils - they aren''t just for your dd to use. (state schools do this.) all the books and everything you bought goes into the sharing pool so to speak. they put it all away and it is distributed around to all the kids all together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    is this a public school or a private one? you know with the pencils - they aren''t just for your dd to use. (state schools do this.) all the books and everything you bought goes into the sharing pool so to speak. they put it all away and it is distributed around to all the kids all together.
    This isn't quite true. DD1 and DD2 attend public schools but they only share in kindy and preprimary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    This isn't quite true. DD1 and DD2 attend public schools but they only share in kindy and preprimary.

oops, yes, that is true, was supposed to add that too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome to school....

At least it's only $5 here and there. Did you have to pay a resource fee at the start of the year? My daughter's school does this so we pay a few hundred up front which covers most things for the year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, it's the same at DD's school, there is something on all the time. Inevitably DD misses out on some things because sometimes I just can't manage to remember and organise everything. I feel it is a valuable life lesson for her - ie sometimes you miss out and you just have to deal with it and move on. That and if you really really want something then you have to be responsible for remembering it, not your stressed-out overworked mum!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its frustrating isn't it! At my kids school you have an account and I put money into it each term and when excursion notes come home I just write on them "deduct from account ". Saves me having to find cash at short notice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Yeap. Money money money is what my sons school is about too. At least every fortnight its momey for cake day, crazy sock day yadda yadda yadda. I have to pay $5 for some people to come out to discuss bullying tomorrow, $30 approx for an excursion next month plus i still have the 'voluntry' school fees to pay still.

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quick suggestion from me re the Anzac Day flower - send in some greenery instead, ferns, palm fronds, or whatever you have, it doesn't have to be a flower

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

grumpysmurf  (17-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    It's an independent school, not sure the difference.

She's in year 4 surely they have their own things by now? And if that's the case then there should be plenty of lead pencils to go through the class of every child bought them?!