+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Toilet training 2 year old boy...HELPP!!!

Ds was was 2 in dec and I have been doing the undies during the day and sitting on the toilet for months now.....he just won't wee or poo on the toilet. I know he can control it because he stands in the shower and asks me if he can go weewee and I put him on the toilet 2mins later he goes in the shower.......

We are expecting our dd in sept and ideally I would love to have him at least day trained......

Any tips please help me out!!! This is driving me bananas!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It seems to be totally common for boys! Me, and my friends with toddler boys have all experienced this reluctance to use the toilet - my son is a bit over 2 1/2 and while he gets the concept, just won't go in the toilet (he will sit on the toilet but just won't go in it!). My friends little boy who just turned 3 finally decided he was ready and one day just started using the toilet, after months of my friend trying to get him to, he made the decision himself. I think my son will be the same.

I don't think you can really push it with boys.., sure done people force it, but I don't see the point in forcing them when they're simply not ready themselves... I'm just not that kind of parent, I will let him decide... Although it is a mystery to me why he is reluctant to use the toilet yet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subscribing. I need some advice as well