+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sounds pretty normal to me. Be kind to yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    3 month olds can be a lot of work, have you considered baby wearing? That way you can get out or get things done around the house while he sleeps I found when my DD#4 wouldnt sleep without being held I could pop her on myself or dad and off we can go to do things around the house.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    hon, can you get your mum to come by regularly?
    Tell DH you need 15 minutes in the morning to eat breakfast and get dressed. That means you're taken care of first thing, and you won't have to think about it or be in your pj's all day. If he has to get up 15 minutes early for that to happen, that's what he needs to do.
    Lunches: things you can grab out of a bag on days it's all too much. Crackers, grapes, cheese, olives, nuts, apples. Anything you can grab and shove in your mouth. Otherwise, leftovers. I always make sure I make enough dinner for an extra meal or two.
    Getting out of the house: do you have a big, relatively empty park nearby? I am right near royal park, and once a week I take the kids up there, DD in the ergo or pram, DS on his scooter. We all get some fresh air and exercise and no-one can see or hear us, and really because it's a park DS can't really get into mischief, I just let him go and i follow. If things are going really well and I feel up to it we will stop at the cafe and/or the playground on the way home, but if not we've still had a good hour out of the house getting some exercise.
    Clothes: online shopping. Even if you just want some simple, nice basics there are loads of online stores and lots are reasonably priced. You can try them on at home and exchange them if they don't fit
    I know you're doing it super rough right now, I think you're doing an incredible job given the circumstances. I wish we were a little closer because I really do feel that we're going through so much of the same thing at the moment.
    Are you planning on going back to work soon?

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Blue Dragon  (19-04-2013),Little Miss Muffet  (17-04-2013),SugarSkull  (18-04-2013),sweetsugardumplin'  (19-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ds is a shocker in the pram. dd will run off at every chance she gets when we go out. i used to walk heaps when dd was a bub. it was the only thing that kept me sane. id put headphones in so i couldnt hear her cry. she would scream the whole time in the pram. Ds does the same. Im tempted to buy one of those child leash's. the thought of giving dd a 'tug' in the right direction or to walk close to me just seems odd and something im not comfortable with.
    i have a twin stroller but that solves nothing but the running off, really.

i used to wear ds, he wouldnt sleep but he'd be happy. it killed my back. i dont want him on me 24/7.

ill go back to work tomorrow if i could. im totally not myself this point in time. i know it gets better im just in a rut right now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hun I think you may have PND. You sound so much like me during depression/anxiety. It is tough it is really really tough when you have unsettled or spirited children especially when they are still so young! Our partners can sometimes be so oblivious to how hard it is being stuck with the drama all day long while they are off at work only dealing with adults who can wipe their own bums and carry themselves

Please talk to someone. Go see your gp asap or ring beyond blue xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you're in a city area there are often bulk billing doctors who will do house calls as getting to a gp with 2 bubs sounds like a huge mission.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Waggers70 For This Useful Post:

Cicho  (17-04-2013),Little Miss Muffet  (18-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just want to give you a big hug. Your poor thing. It sounds like you have PND. I'm sorry you have to go through these feelings. I know just how hard, frustrating and sad it is.
    Do you have any family members who can help you with the kids? Is there any chance of popping your older one into daycare for 2 days a week? It'll give you that break and you'll only have to deal with one baby.
    I'd go to the GP and tell them how you're feeling. There's help out there. I hate that some of us have to go through these feelings.
    Just know that you're not alone. Being a mum is the hardest job xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH earns a decent amount of money and we should be getting back 55% of our daycare payments.. I'm not sure how much your husband earns but it's worth looking into.
    Also, if you're really struggling with both kids and you see a psychologis, Centrelink pays for 3 months of daycare which means you pay nothing and it'll help you get back on your feet. I've never personally done it but a friend of ours had to do it because his wife just wasn't coping.
    Also you could take an easy online course and you'll get more money back for childcare. If you're also working or studying you get more money back.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Muffet  (18-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Buy the leash. I hated the idea of it and now I love it. I don't even have to tug, he just knows the limit of where he can go.

If u don't have anyone to help can I get DH to take some annual leave to give u a break?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

Blue Dragon  (19-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    L I I dw a