+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Flying with a 11 month old

Hi everyone we will be going on a holiday in July and will be flying with our 3 children. My older 2 DD who is 8 and DS1 who is 6 fly fine but it will be DS2 who will be 11 months first time flying and my first time flying with a baby (unless you count a sick baby on a royal flying Dr flight). All up we will be spending around 5 hours in the air with a quick 40 min stopover in the middle. Does anyone have any tips on making this easier on baby, the other flyers and myself.
    Many thanks
    Lisa

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shameless bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What time are you flying out and who else with you have with you? Besides the children

Thanks
    Reviews
    We fly out at 6:25 am I will have my other 2 children, my husband, my Mum and Dad, my Sister and Brother in law and their 5 children.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I guess your parents will mostly be trying to help with all your sisters children. To be honest, you really aren't going to be in the air very long and your older children will be able to help entertain the baby. I recommended lots of finger food for everyone, favourite cuddly toy, some quiet but interesting toys, a sense of humour and a whole whack of patience. If you get anxious about what others are thinking, you'll ruin your day. It's not a night time flight, fellow passengers can handle some baby squawking if it happens. Take the baby for walks through the cabin regularly when he gets restless and let him toddle a bit if he's toddling. Most hosties are pretty good with babies, they're used to them and are pretty nice if you're constantly walking the aisles. It'll be fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    The 11 month old will be the least of your worries!
    Aahhhahahah good luck (picturing my family) x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I flew to NZ when DS was 11 months. I also had DH with me. On the way there it was a day flight. He breast fed and went to sleep without too many problems. The hardest thing was trying to feed myself and DH as he was holding DS so couldn't use his tray table. The day before our flight home DS decided to self wean (luckily I'd taken my pump with me) so I couldn't breastfeed and only had limited expressed milk with me. That made getting him to sleep more difficult but DH just wandered around the cabin with him until he fell asleep. He cried a bit but nothing too outrageous. My tips would be check in early. We had the pram and bjorn but DS got pretty bored waiting in line. If you can time nap times to be a large part of your flight that helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I took DS on a flight at 12 months and as i got to my seat the guy next to me said 'looks like i scored the jackpot' and i just said 'you certainly did mate, unfortunately for me i get to sit next to a jackass'
    DS was fairly good on the flight and when we were getting off the guy apologised and said he was really embarrassed and sorry if he made me feel uncomfortable.
    You just cant care what anyone else thinks, you're trying your hardest, thats all you can do!
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Food, iPad, books and lots of walks.
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm flying to Hawaii in July with a 12 month old & I'm already anxious!