+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Is this how MS starts??

I am 5w 3ds and have started burping ALOT, I can smell EVERYTHING and feel very hungry in a morning.

I have had one moment when I felt I could have been sick when my friend ate a very smelly ham and cheese toastie in front of me and I am now thinking maybe morning sickness is going to hit me....

Is this how it starts?? Any help/advice/experience shared would be appreciated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep those are all normal symptoms of early pregnancy and what sounds like the start of morning sickness. I'm 8wks pregnant with my second- with my first my MS kicked in around 6wks and I had all day nausea and intermittent dry retching/ vomiting until 12wks. I couldn't handle kitchen smells, cooking smells, bin smells etc and the sight/smell of red meat made me gag.

This time around my MS kicked in at 5 1/2 weeks and I had a week of all day nausea which has now settled into part day nausea and random vomiting. The sight and smell of dirty dishes makes me gag and so does brushing my teeth but so far not as bothered by meat. I've also got heartburn which didn't kick in until half way through my first pregnancy. Oh the joys!

I found nibbling all day on dry bickies helps. I also have to eat as soon as I get up. If you let yourself get hungry/dehydrated/stressed/tired the symptoms are worse. MS is different for everyone and each pregnancy- just take it as it comes and be easy on yourself.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mjk For This Useful Post:

Alluneedislove  (19-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh, the MS. I definitely don't miss that.

My nausea started pretty much at 4 weeks and continued until 17 weeks. I thought it would never end! I had pretty constant nausea all day long with only a little bit of actually throwing up. However, throwing up made me feel way better afterwards, at least for a little white.

I found that, as the weeks passed, I actually became more sensitive to different foods. Probably because I was actually eating by that point. Oily, rich foods came right back up. I absolutely loathed the taste of bananas and they made me feel ooky. Dairy was not my friend either. Strangely enough, I also went off my favourite ice cream.

Crackers helped. I kept a pack at my bedside for the midnight munchies. (Or the midnight pee, whatever comes first.) I lived on crackers and water for the first trimester.

My GP isn't one to medicate where it's not necessary but she did recommend I try Blackmores. They did absolutely NOTHING. For me, at least. My future SIL absolutely swears by them, though.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to snowqu33n For This Useful Post:

Alluneedislove  (19-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was very sensitive to smells at first too and sometimes thought things smelled really gross even though I usually like them, but I never got morning sickness.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't actually vomited...YET! Just getting that horrible think I may do feeling...then I burp and it feels a little better but then the feeling comes back very quickly. I heard ginger is good for it so trying that and I am craving fizzy drinks which I know is bad but the gassy feeling makes me feel better!

I guess this is all part of the pregnancy journey