+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing - I need ideas for my five month old too! He can't sit up on his own yet and his legs are too big for his bumbo

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Stick them in front of older kids playing! Or just go to a cafe and sit them on your lap, they seem to just love watching the world go by.
    Playing with colourful, textured things like tag blankets.
    Reading board books
    Singing nursery rhymes and lap songs like 'giddyup horsey'
    Bubble machine/bubbles
    Sit them in sand and let them wiggle their toes
    My DD loves her swing still, mine has a little activity bar across the front and she loves playing with the things on there, or I'll put other toys on there.
    Talking- DD could 'chat' with me for hours
    Baby rhyme time at the library

That's all I've got. DD mainly just watches DS play, and is occasionally a prop in his games.

ETA oh, and sitting in front of a mirror! I sit against my bed and prop her in my lap facing the wardrobe mirror and she loves sitting there talking to the awesome cute baby who agrees with her on everything I always take a cup of tea and a book coz she'll do that for ages!
    Last edited by FearlessLeader; 17-04-2013 at 18:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's really hard to come up with ideas!! My 4.5 month old loves splashing about at the local pool, watching the other kids play and hearing all the sounds. Gets her really tired too so has a decent nap afterwards. She doesn't seem at all interested in toys and things yet

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rhyme time at library
    Texture play - flowers, leaves, ribbons, cotton balls anything you can fine around house.

Tummy time across your lap. You sat legs stretched out, he lies across your legs. Put something shiny or sparkly next to your legs, even a mirror. Then bend and straighten your knees so he goes up and down. They love going away and towards the object on floor.

Can also do this by dancing around house with objects on floor and holding him lying flat like superman flying.

Row row row your boat on my lap was also a favourite here. Hold his arms and help him row as you sing.

Sitting propped up in corner of couch and couch arm with a plastic container and a wooden spoon is great for banging.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I sit my bubba between my legs or in the highchair and do messy things with her. So far we have tried painting - both with fingers and a brush (with non toxic kid paint cause she eats it). Goop - cornflour and water with a splash of food dye for colour, she loves to eat that too. Drawing with pens and pencils (I don't let her eat these). Water play with a washer in the water or some stacking cups (or other plastic cups) to learn about scooping and pouring. I also read to her (we read a chapter from The Enchanted Wood by Enid Blyton daily). She loves lots of tickling/kissy type games and I give her the chance to eat me back which she loves. She also adores the beach and the feel of the sand and loves playing outside. Basically at this stage they are very sensory so anything that uses all their senses (and is ok to eat) is brilliant!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    All of the above... and

Sit them in the high chair, pour yoghurt on the tray, let them go nuts

Cellophane. Yep just a piece of cellophane will keep them entertained for ages....obviously this one needs fairly close supervision.

Shakers (empty bottle, fill with rice, glue lid on)

Swing at the park

Sing (and act out) row row row your boat

Rusks

And 5 mths is a bit young, but in the not too distant future.... newspaper / tissue box / roll of toilet paper. Yep whenever I needed 5 mins to myself this is what I gave ds to play with

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing.

Thanks everyone for there suggestions so far.

I'm so giving DS a yoghurt on the high chair tomorrow. Then getting the video camera ready

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PrincessPud For This Useful Post:

blissfulfairy  (23-10-2013)

MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Bub is 3 months and is very similar! Frustrated she cant sit up unsupported and starts flipping about and gets bored of the same toys. So i try all of these during the day whenever she gets fussy :

- Playmat / playgym
    - Watching tv in her vibrating chair
    - Sitting on my lap whilst i check emails
    - Peek a boo
    - I hold her and we dance around the house to music
    - we go outside and I show her the garden or just talk about the surroundings
    - plays with soft toy while laying on sheepskin(with towl underneath) with nappy off
    - have a bath and play with bath toys
    - Baby massage
    - Going for walks in pram
    - Tummy time on play mat
    - Blow raspberries on tummy and all that funny stuff, tickling
    - "This little piggy"
    - Sitting her up on the floor or my lap to look around and practice sitting and standing

I find that bub is happiest just interacting with me and her surroundings than playing with stuffed toys or laying under a play mat. I count those moments as playing and activity time even though there might not be any toys involved ! interracting with people and the world is better for her development anyway than any stuffed toy

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    my 10mth old doesnt move yet.
    He has little baskets i fill with different things like his baby toys (rattles ect), little books (hard not paperback, bath books and material books), little bowls and spoons, balls, matchbox cars, my metal measuring cups and spoons which he likes to bang together. He likes to take things out of the baskets, them put them all back in.
    He sits on a lovely soft quilt which i put in different spots around the house depending on where i am and plays with his "baskets".
    He loves his swing hooked upto the verandah outside.
    He loves to dance with me to music (just the radio), i hold him or stand him and he really does wiggle like crazy!
    We go to toddler time at library but most of the time he just wants to climb all over me and suck on my car keys.
    He has a walker which has an activity tray on it that he cruises around in.
    He is just starting to really appreciate books and when i read to him. It really calms him down, he loves looking at the pictures and has better attention span as he's a bit older. We have just started reading to him of a night before bed together with my DD.
    DD's dora dvd's. There is one in particular he will sit and watch the whole episode! (while i get my shower!)
    Junk mail - let him go to town!
    He likes to join in on dd's "tea parties" or when she's playing with pretend food.
    DD gets on her toy car, i put ds in his walker and they chase eachother around the house or outside screaming and laughing.
    A soft blow up toddler pool (no water) with plastic balls in it or any toys really, so if they fall back, they are cusioned.
    stroller walks down the street or parks, pick a small tree branch or leaf for him to explore.
    singing on my lap, being silly, making silly noises, kisses and cuddles.
    Chew on a rusk - can be entertaing for ages lol!
    A swing at the park (baby swing)
    sitting on a rug "picnic style" in some nice gardens with a few toys and in the fresh air and sun. Let him taste the grass, bark! just watch closely.
    swimming - ds loves his floatie seat.
    tummy time
    baby gym play mat

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Put an oven bag in a sock or netting or something. Or with supervision but a toy in the oven bag and tie in up. They love the noise.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app