+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any 'bigger' PCOS girls fallen pregnant naturally after weight loss........

Hi guys,

I am the very blessed Mummy of two gorgeous kids - but desperately want a third.

I was diagnosed with PCOS in my teens and my two babies have been conceived using clomid/metformin. For the past three years hubby and I have been trying again using this combination with no luck. Hubby suggests that we have spent so long using fertility meds that maybe we should just try doing this naturally and less stressfully for a while with no medical assistance.

I am quite overweight at the moment, and I know that many experts say that a weight loss of just 5-10% is enough for women with PCOS to begin ovulating again..

I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck or experience with inducing ovulation naturally with weight loss?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Pizzle

I have severe pcos, insulin resistance and hormonal imbalance. I conceived my son who is now 2.4yrs old at 176kgs 3.5yrs ago. I've been trying to lose weight on and off so I doubt weight induced ovulation I must of just dtd at the right time. I don't know when I ovulate so can't time things. My cycles are extremely irregular too. We have been ttc since my son was born but no luck so far.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Pizzle

I weighed in at 128kg when we started TTC.. Nothing for 8months so I got gastric banding surgery lost 23kg & got my BFP sadly lost that babe at 23w.. A few months later I got another BFP & DS is now 16weeks. Due to my age (21) doctors don't want to give me any medication for my PCOS so weightloss my only option, unless I wanted to wait 2 years of PFN's to get fertility treatment. Hope this helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    A friend of mine was losing weight via weight watchers and exercise. She was still losing weight when her cycles started increasing (before she was lucky to get two af's a year) and she suddenly found out she was pregnant. Overall she lost around 20kg and they'd been trying for 7yrs.

She was diagnosed with PCO when she was a teenager and wasn't taking any fertility drugs when she fell pregnant. She lost around 20kg.

Could it be worth talking to your FS about changing to a different combination of drugs? I've just lost 15kg and tried a different combination of drugs and finally I'm pregnant with number 2. I'm not sure if it was the new drugs or a combination of losing weight and the drugs. I've never fallen pregnant naturally so don't think it was weight loss alone for me.

Hope this helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Pizzle,

Like you, I was diagnosed in my early teens with PCOS and obviously at the time, didn't worry too much about it. Now, my SO and I have been TTC for 8 months and nothing has happened. I have extremely irregular cycles (anywhere between 29 and 75 days) but for the last 5 months have been getting my cycles tracked via blood tests every 4 days (starting CD16 onwards). Not ONCE have I shown a rise in progesterone enough to say I've ovulated - the highest level I recieved was 2.7.. My doctor put me on Duromine (weight-loss drug) in December and I have since lost 19.6kgs. That is with healthy eating and no exercise (as my job is very physically, emotionally and mentally demanding). She has said that I am only going to be able to fall pregnant using Clomid/Metformin or the likes, or, IVF. I am hoping to start taking Vitex this coming week but not too sure. She said if I happen to fall pregnant I have to stop taking the Duromine instantly. Maybe suggest this to your GP? They may put you on it for a three month period and see how it goes. good luck, hope to hear back from you soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes I only lost 6.5kgs and was on Metformin when I fell pregnant naturally. Hospital wanted me to lose 20kg to go on clomid again. Didn't need it in the end! I have PCOS and Endometriosis. We were saving for IVF at the time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subbing
    @kacey - how did you find taking Duromine? I'm thinking about starting it after hubby has lost 40kgs over his 2x 3 months on it

👪 Cooper 8/6/12 - lovingly welcomed after 3 years TTC

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was diagnosed with PCOS at 123kg, 3 years ago, after trying unsuccessfully to conceive my second child for two years. Late last year I got my BFP after 5 years TTC. I was 114kg and had been on Metformin for about 3 years. I think Vitex was more significant than the weightloss for me, as my BFP came after my third cycle of Vitex. DS will be born next week Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I weighed over 100kg and when I lost 10kg (still over 100kg) I fell pregnant (unfortunately this baby passed away due to another health issue I had). I have since lost a further 10kg (now under 100kg) and I fell pregnant again first time trying. I was put on metformin to help lose the weight and also I was told that it can help in getting pregnant (not sure how). The obgyn that I was seeing at the time (that started me on the metformin) said that in most cases you only need to lose about 10% of your weight to help combat the pcos. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    how did you find taking duromine, did you have side effects