+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,287
    Thanks
    391
    Thanked
    479
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Definitely look into an amnio. A termination shouldn't be considered if the NT scan alone was high risk, that risk count alone is still really good. If there are no abnormalities found its a great sign too.

    Good luck and hope your results come back clear x

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaJez For This Useful Post:

    Nyrekz  (19-04-2013)

  3. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    894
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked
    37
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Nyrekz

    My Nuchal scan results for my 3rd child gave me a risk of 1:32 for DS. It was a huge shock and the sonographer had a terrible bedside manner, I was a mess. My bloods elevated my risk but also the nuchal fold was quite high being a bit over .3mm
    We opted for an amnio, althought the wait was excruciating we decided to wait as the risk of miscarriage was less than that of a cvs. All other markers in the 12 week scan indicated healthy baby and the amnio gave us a result of no abnomalities and we have a very healthy beautiful 2.5 year old girl.
    I understand how you are feeling at the moment, for me not knowing was harder I think than being told immediately if there was something definately wrong. I am sorry your partner is not being helpful for you in this process. We chose amnio as we wanted to know if there were any issues and then once we knew we could look at all our options and decide what was best for the baby and us as a family.
    All the best for tomorrow when you see the Genetic Councillor, I didn't see one but from what I have heard they are very good and will go through things thoroughly with you, ask them whatever you feel you need to, that's what they are there for.
    Big hugs and let us know how you get on

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to kimbo For This Useful Post:

    Nyrekz  (19-04-2013)

  5. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Penrith
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked
    3
    Reviews
    0
    I have a 1:37 chance of ds after my nt scan was amazing nothing wrong, my blood made it high risk. My DR was really nice and i had my amnio yesterday.
    Not the most fun thing but not as bad as i worked myself up to think it would be.
    The Dr would not do it till i was 16t1. We are paying for the FISH and get our results tomorrow arvo.
    They should not have said anything about a termination just on a nt scan, when there is more tests out there you can have.
    I wish you all the best.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to bellbell690 For This Useful Post:

    Nyrekz  (19-04-2013)

  7. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Kimberley WA
    Posts
    4,620
    Thanks
    916
    Thanked
    1,179
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Bub came up as high risk for 3 chromosomes, scan was fine, my blood results are what weren't. Was the hardest time for us as we had decided to terminate if bub was positive for any of the 3. I had the amino which was slightly uncomfortable but not painful, was quick. All was fine. Our baby boy just turned 2.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

    Nyrekz  (19-04-2013)

  9. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,248
    Thanks
    489
    Thanked
    1,263
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Please don't terminate. 1 in 67 means a 98% chance your baby is perfect. Get genetic testing (Cvs or amnio) before you make a massive decision like this.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to wannawannabe For This Useful Post:

    Nyrekz  (19-04-2013)

  11. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked
    1
    Reviews
    0
    hi ladies sorry I haven't been able to reply I been away from computer for awhile I went to dospital today and I thought I was having just a chat but I ended up doing a cvs I find out the results on Monday so fingers crossed everything is normal....they said it looks like a little girl ... I will post an update when I find out the results...the cvs was scarey I was shaking they thought I was cold but I was just petrified I just put a towel over my head but the ladies were lovely and so caring, im so proud of myself because I was sooo close to backing out im a little bit tender where they did it and cramping but now is the waiting game.... they said I have a 50percent chance of my little one having a syndrome, 25 percent chance of a heart problem, and 25 percent of being normal so I hope I beat the odds....if the test comes back normal, then my bubba's odds greatly go up....thanx so much for caring and god bless u all ill let u know when I have results

  12. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked
    1
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bellbell690 View Post
    I have a 1:37 chance of ds after my nt scan was amazing nothing wrong, my blood made it high risk. My DR was really nice and i had my amnio yesterday.
    Not the most fun thing but not as bad as i worked myself up to think it would be.
    The Dr would not do it till i was 16t1. We are paying for the FISH and get our results tomorrow arvo.
    They should not have said anything about a termination just on a nt scan, when there is more tests out there you can have.
    I wish you all the best.
    all the best hope ur results come back fine im waiting now to, I know how hard it is

  13. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Penrith
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked
    3
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyrekz View Post
    all the best hope ur results come back fine im waiting now to, I know how hard it is
    Thanks so much, i got mine back yesterday and all good. We also found out we are having a little girl.
    All the best for monday, i have my fingers crossed for you xo

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to bellbell690 For This Useful Post:

    Nyrekz  (22-04-2013)

  15. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked
    1
    Reviews
    0
    I am so happy for you im relieved everything turned out fine these little ones like to keep us worrying I think....im supposed to get my results today... ill give an update

  16. #20
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,244
    Thanks
    600
    Thanked
    367
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Any news OP?


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Springfree Trampoline
Give the Ultimate Christmas Gift Springfree Trampoline
The World's Safest Trampoline™ is now also the world's first Smart Trampoline™. Sensors on the mat detect your every move and your jumps control fun, educational and active games on tablet. Secure the Ultimate Christmas Gift today!
sales & new stuffsee all
Pea Pods
Buy 2 Award Winning Pea Pods Reusable One Size Nappies for only $38 (in your choice of colours) and receive a FREE roll of Bamboo Liners. Don't miss out, we don't usually have discounts on the nappies, so grab this special offer!
Special Offer! Save $12
featured supporter
Be In Blossom
We offer physiotherapy run pregnancy Pilates, pregnancy Aerobics, and Mummy Pilates & Baby Massage classes with a focus on optimising posture, body awareness, pelvic floor support, back care and maintaining fitness, aiming to assist women prepare and recover from their birth.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!