+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Red face 8 weeks pregnant but scan showing 5 weeks??

Hi ive had a very confusing last 3 weeks my last period started on the 18th of feb and i was due for my period the 18th of march ... I stopped taking the pill in january which can be the cause of irregular periods... On the 25 march i took a 2 preg test and both came back positive with faint line.. In the morning the next day i took another and it was darker the lines i went straight to the doc and had a blood test... This was a tuesday on wed afternnon i started getting so brown spotting which turned into red blood spotting i was really scared and went to the doc thurs morn she gave me my first blood test which marked hcg level of 40 and she said it was low.. I went back the fri as i was upset because i was still bleeding and had a horrible doc said i had a miscarrige... The following tues the 2nd april had another blood test went back on the thurs and doc told me my levels went up to 495 i was happy....The tues after had another blood test and again levels went up now 1601 i had an ultrasound yesterday the 14th as i thought i was 8 weeks turns out i am only 5 weeks and they can only see the sac im very confused... Also found a moderetr hematoma behind the placenta and thats what is causing the bleeding im on bedrest and had another blood test tiday now just waiting for the results anyone been in this position?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, me. Bleeding, earlier pregnant than thought etc. I'd just come off the pill so as there is no recent history on ovulating and menstruating it turned out i has ovulated very late (day 29ish), so was less pregnant than if going by date of last period. I also had the hematoma that cleared itself with very heavy bleeding at 10 weeks (thought i had miscarried). Best wishes x

3. The Following User Says Thank You to love05 For This Useful Post:

Carolina04  (22-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Remember too heart beat isn't visable until 6 weeks. It could just be because the pill put your dates out

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Plan2bamummy For This Useful Post:

Carolina04  (22-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good luck - keep us updated with how you go!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to hummingbird1 For This Useful Post:

Carolina04  (22-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry you are in this confusing position. I had a similar experience and unfortunately I lost my baby However I read many stories online where all was okay. I hope everything turns out to just be wrong dates for you. Best of luck xxx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Colbie For This Useful Post:

Carolina04  (22-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou for all your replies i will keep u posted hopefully i hear from my doc today and my hcg levels have gone up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heard from the doctor today my hcg levels dropped to 1289 from 1601 in a week im even more confused now waiting until friday for another blood test!! The waiting is killing me

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry to hear that

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Colbie For This Useful Post:

Carolina04  (22-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My LMP was the day before yours & got BFP on the 23rd, so we have almost the exact same dates!

Went for a scan when I would have been 6+5 according to my dates, but baby was too small to see so they put me back to 5+2.

I haven't had any bleeding/spotting or anything, and my dr hasn't done bloods yet so I'm unsure of HCG levels etc. we were just told to go back for another scan in 2 weeks, which is this Friday so hopefully we'll have a bouncing baby in there! Or an answer either way at least..

FX it works out for you!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TaylorMade For This Useful Post:

Carolina04  (22-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck, hope everything is ok. I had a severe haematoma that consumed 80% of placenta and bub was fine. These ones that appear very early, though, often heal and resolve with no problems.

Glad your HGH count is up ~ stay positive and keep us posted!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BaronessM For This Useful Post:

Carolina04  (22-04-2013)