+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 1st time pregnancy-emotional as nothing else and scared

Hey,
    i'm only like 7,5 weeks pregnant and this was around the time last year when I had an mc so maybe this is why I'm so emotional , I just don't know, I am really scared that the same thing will happen again but the whole pregnancy feels very different this time so I really have faith that this one is going all the way. So why am I so somber ?

The last 2-3 weeks I've been so emotional and I know it all comes with pregnancy so it's fine, even though I now this week have had two totally non like me outbursts with anger at something my fiancé did as well as just crying at everything...
    thing is I suppose, I've always been a very very patient person and many of my partners friends say that that's why it could ever only be me and him as he himself is very emotional and sweet but can also be a very trying man, loves to push the limits and at times is very selfish. I've been frustrated with him but not to a point where it's bothered me. Until now.

i feel so bad for feeling like this as I know he is used to me being one way and now due to all these hormonal changes he just really gets on my nerves and I don't know how to handle it. He says I'm on his case every day and just then he told me to just leave him alone and get off his case. I know I'm sooo cranky right now, my emotions are swinging back and forth between guilty, angry as a bee and crying at everything so I'm sure he's right but the thing is I'm really trying not to be. He doesn't work and today neither did I so I've tried just to do nothing as my work is very physically demanding and I do get awfully tired. But it still cooked him dinner and did the laundry and all the usual home jobs. But its as if when im home all the little things that used to frustrate me but i could live with are just driving me absolutly insane now and ive told him that.
    I said look darling i know im really moody and i need you to try extra hard with those little things you know really ticks me. but he just doesn't seem to understand how I can have changed so much so early on and I on my behalf just really worry that if this is gonna keep on going on if ill be able to do it?

It's also so early on in our pregnancy that we don't want to tell people as we want to go past the danger zone first considering what happen last time. I just feel so unsupported and I don't know how to cope with it, but is this just my hormones or what?

I don't even know exactly what I'm asking here but maybe just for some advise or opinions?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Completely understandable the emotions your going through. Maybe you should discuss how you feel with your df . Df may be feeling the same also. Try to relax not feel so pressured get organized have rests when you can its going to get worse before it gets better with the fatigue and emotions. Congrats on your preg. Counsellor or social workers are available who specializes in prenatal issues also.
    Last edited by Indigobabe82; 17-04-2013 at 09:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you indigo babe , I guess I'm just worried that without my usual understanding and patience ( without making me sound like a saint for I'm certainly not) how do we deal with it all? He just doesn't understand how tired I get or why I'm cranky. Like I come home after work and I just need time to wind down but no matter how much I tell him this it goes in one ear and out the other...lol.
    i love him so much but god he's driving me insane atm, any ideas of how o make him understand?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm seeing red flag for PND here. That doesn't mean you have it, btw. Are you able to talk with a community mental health nurse or GP about this?

I hope so.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey,
    thanks for replying but not really familiar with all the abbreviations on this site yet, what's pnd?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think pnd stands for post natal depression. Don't worry I know how you feel. I had a miscarriage last year at six weeks and was super worried with this one. Just try to remember that it is very unlikely that this will happen again especially if you feel different. For me I felt very different with this one as opposed to last. I actually felt pregnant, nausea, sore boobs etc, I didn't have that with the last one.
    In relation to your emotions, it is very normal for your emotions to be all over the place considering the increase of hormones your body is experiencing add to that all the stress and worry of miscarrying and that could very much make you feel like this.
    Remember though if you are worried about how you feel it's worth talking to your doc to rule out depression.
    All the best and try to relax, stay positive and enjoy the journey x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    There is Pre-natal depression/ante-natal depression as well. I had pretty severe pre-natal last year during my first trimester and it calmed down a lot as I went more into my second.

Do you have a history of depression? I know it's common for women who have a history to have a hard time in the first trimester. It calms down as you enter your second and your hormones level out because the placenta is finished forming.

PANDA is a great post and ante-natal depression organization. http://www.panda.org.au/

Also, my counsellor helped so much so I would highly recommend one. The fact that you've had a loss around this time could definitely be a trigger to how you're feeling now. Be kind to yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    With your DH. Explain that the first trimester is when you change the most (emotionally) because your hormones and body are working in overdrive right now changing and making the placenta. Once the placenta is formed your hormones level out because then it's like the baby is in its own little bubble rather than how it is right now, completely dependent on your hormones. Obviously there will be changes throughout the pregnancy but the first trimester is when your hormones are going absolutely crazy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ah ok thanks guys, really appreciate your help.
    I do have prior history of depression and ptsd but have dealt with it and ut has not bothered me for years. As much as im really emotional i can definitely make out the difference between this and then as i am still very very happy about getting to where im at with this pregnancy. Still worry and threat a lot more than normal but i def think its just from hormones not from depression luckily. the hardest part is just making my DH? ( can anyone tell me what that stands for btw?) understand. But i think once i pass the first trimester and believe me im holding my breath! ill feel a lot better. Thank u thank u thank u for ur support though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DH-- darling husband