+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Seriously depressed!!!

I am so depressed and don't know what to do!? I knew deciding to keep my baby at 21 was going to be hard but i find myself excited about becoming a mum and then i will go look at facebook or instagram and it just reminds me of everything i am missing out on. I am sure it will be easier once she is here (due august) but at the moment i sit at home pregnant while my gfs are clubbing every weekend and spending all their money on designer handbags and living a lifestyle 6 months ago i was apart of whilst i am saving all the money i get. I feel like if i delete my facebook and instagram i am only going to get more depressed though because i will be completely shutting myself out. I can't win i need this baby to just get here already!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Big hugs!! I know at the moment it's hard, especially because you can't see the reward at the end but it will be all worth it. I was 20 when I fell pregnant with DS1 and 21 by the time I had him, it's hard watching everyone around you continue on with the life you once had, especially when it was unplanned and unexpected! Maybe try to organize a girls night with your closest girlfriends, have a pj night, movies, popcorn and wine for them.. Enjoy each others company. You don't have to be drunk at a club to have fun. It is going to be worth it, you get a beautiful baby at the end of this, something that you created, your body grew and you get to nurture. Once you start to embrace this pregnancy, enjoy it and get into mummy mode you will see that everything will be perfect and you can still have a social life with a baby! It's hard, some days are frustrating BUT all of the rest of the days are amazing! You will get there!! Hugs and kisses if you want to chat feel free to PM me xxxx

I loved you before I ever met you <3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mon101 View Post
    I am so depressed and don't know what to do!? I knew deciding to keep my baby at 21 was going to be hard but i find myself excited about becoming a mum and then i will go look at facebook or instagram and it just reminds me of everything i am missing out on. I am sure it will be easier once she is here (due august)!
    ***Hugs hun***
    I'm 33 and have 2 young kids. I see my friend who clubs/goes to bars now at age 36 as she can leave her 2 teenagers at home now and I think, geez I wish I had my kids younger so I could join her, lol.
    There's no easy time and you may even find it harder once bub is here and you miss sleeping in and the freedom to do things with out thinking about another little person to bring along (even just a quick duck to the shops)
    Just think when your friends are in their 30's having kids, you'll be getting some of your time back while your child is more independent!
    Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was like this, I had my first baby at 21.
    After I had her I never looked back! Partying just doesn't compare to how amazing having a child is Hopefully you will feel the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had my DS at 21, was single with the FOB not in the picture at all. I didn't have facebook and I must say- I think it was best. Even now- I wonder whether I'm doing myself any favours. I'm either swamped with pics of loving partners with their lovely families in their lovely homes, or pictures of single friends who are travelling the world, seeing amazing things and having a blast of a time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my first DS at 22 I see all my friends jet setting and parting and tbh I am more happy at home with my baby's. it does get hard but it is so worth it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Its so hard when you see others doing things you wish you were. The is a great August mummies facebook group if you want to join. PM me if you want and I will put you in touch

MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummanna View Post
    I had my first DS at 22 I see all my friends jet setting and parting and tbh I am more happy at home with my baby's. it does get hard but it is so worth it!
    I feeling the same. Not had bubba yet...due in July , but i have noticed im not seeing friends as much and they are out every weekend gettin.drunk etc, but i feel like i dont even miss it cos having a family feels so much more important! I feel like young mummies are lucky in a way that they get to realise earlier on how fulfilling it is having a baby :thumbup:

Thanks
    Reviews
    That would be great if I could join! Thanks!

Also thank you everyone for the support once she is here it will be better and I am sure once I make some mummy friends I won't feel like I am missing out so much!
    Last edited by mon101; 18-04-2013 at 08:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Having a baby is a big lifestyle change, and you'll probably never go back to that life. Personally I find that having a baby improved my social life but you have to make an effort and find mummy's or mummy's to be groups to join. Having ladies who understand your situation and who have the same priorities will help you not miss your old lifestyle so much.
    Plus creating a life has to be more exciting and satisfying than going clubbing and drinking away one's hard earned cash :-)