+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Babies due April/May/June 2013 #2

Mimi I am on the Gold Coast, they do them through Pindara hospital Are you on the coast?

Pippi thanks for saying you'll set up the group, it will be great to chat there and share pics etc etc I'm not so good at names either, but think any of those are fine, or you could just keep it the same name as the by hub group? Haha about running, I was wondering what you meant, no running or a wee while here!! Nursery looks gorgeous

Oh wow wunsi you'll appreciate all your cooking when your little one comes!!

Abubby I completely understand what you're saying about wanting to meet your little girl, towards the end I was so uncomfortable and just wanted the baby to get here. I have to say there is a bit of me that misses being pregnant a bit, it was an amazing experience

AFM - We are all doing well here, Isabelle had conjunctivitis but it is really clearing up now. Was so sad seeing her looking poorly, however it didn't seem to bother her! She is a week old today, the last week has fine by in a blur...... Today was a turning point with breast feeding where I had hardly any pain yay!!! I had been having pain when Isabelle latched from some scar tissue on my nipples, and while I still have the initial pinch it doesn't last long. I'm so happy as I was enjoying the experience but not the pain, and now it's just magical

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1366100758.854561.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    She is so cute hopefuljen! It makes me
    Even more excited for a weeks time! How did you pass the time? As time is getting closer the longer it feels.

Good to hear that you have turned a corner with breastfeeding. My boobs have been sore today and produced some colostrum. I hope this is a good sign for a positive feeding experience.

I will set up the page either tonight or tomorrow. I have a feeling that I will need to invite you guys. I will set it up and suss it out!

Had ob appointment today and I told him that I get a lot of lower pressure at the end of a walk. He said I will bring on early labour if I keep doing it. So no walking but rest. Bub is not engaged get which is good!

Jen - how long were you numb after the c-section? Many hours?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Conjunctivitis is so icky! Good to hear that it didn't dampen Isabelle's spirits.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Fruitbowl,

I've not had sciatica as such but various other pains ie lower back and pubic symphysis and I have found the osteopath to be amazing. Pretty sure they'd be able to assist with sciatic pain too :-)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mimi77 For This Useful Post:

FruitBowl  (18-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pippi I really can't remember what I did apart from cross stitch and watch Telly, as like you I was told to rest as I was carrying excess water. The last 3/4 days felt slow, but then when the day came it felt so soon - always the way

I think it was about 3 hours til all the feeling came back in my legs. My right leg came back heaps quicker then my left leg, at the time it freaked me out, but i was told that that can be quite normal, so don't stress if it happens to you

7. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefuljen For This Useful Post:

FruitBowl  (26-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought I had replied on the other thread, but it's vanished. Ah well. The nursery pics look great.

Jen -- fab to hear that breastfeeding is going well. We still use shields as wee Georgia still struggles with feeding, but I still love the experience. I'll be happy when she's bigger & stronger to stay awake long enough to get everything from my boobs, as pumping & also feeding her bottles of expressed milk at most feeds is exhausting!!!!

Enjoy the last bits of pregnancy ladies. I miss my big old belly. It's awesome having my little girl to snuggle but I miss her kicks & getting to carry her around with me all day!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies,
    With only just under 3 weeks for my c-section I am just like you pipi in that I can't wait!!!! Don't know how to just fast forward til baby is in my arms.

Jen- amazing pics of Isabelle. She's so cute!

Pippi, great nursery looks very comfy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jen - I'm in Brisbane so delivering at the Mater.

I have a scan today - will be good to have as its reassuring to know that bubs ok but on the flipside they make me so anxious as they go over bub with a fine tooth comb. Last time we were scanned by 2 different people for almost 2 hours - it was ridiculous!

Im looking forward to meeting baby but at this stage I'm more than happy to continue being pregnant for now - 34 weeks today - maybe I won't be saying that in a couple of weeks :-)

Mrs jag - what pump are u using and is it a single or double?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefuljen - yeah I am trying to give myself little jobs each morning and rest in the arvo. We are so excited though!

Great to hear from you mrsjaguar!

Fea - keep yourself busy! I have created a to do list on my phone and delete each job as I go. That is the only way I can pass time.

Mimi - best of luck with your scan today and that it goes smoothly! Are you getting a 4D scan?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rest as much as you can pippi!

Mimi - we bought a Medela Swing Maxi (the double electric) - it was expensive ($400) but I'm using it at least 3x a day and it's invaluable at the moment while baby girl is learning what to do.