+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hoping it all turns out ok for u Rebecca

Congratulations coco!!

Yolanda I so hope 2014 is ur yr, it's hard seeing friends and family get preg and have their babies while ur are still ttc. Wishing for u xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Fingers crossed everything goes well for you and bub Rebecca. It's such an awful thing when a test comes back to indicate something might be wrong with the baby - I just wanted to curl up and sleep the 2 weeks away while we were waiting for results from my Verifi test, I hope and pray that Monday brings a big sigh of relief for you!

Hopefully all comes back fine with the heart scan as well, but they are pretty clever dealing with heart issues these days if there is anything untoward. I've read quite a few stories of babies showing a thick nuchal fold and everything has turned out fine, so I hope yours is another great success story.

Congrats on being pregnant Coco!! It's very natural to feel nervous at every stage. We are led to believe that 12 weeks is this magical guarantee that all will be well from then on, and while the risk of miscarriage does drop significantly after then, you've got a whole new set of milestones to feel anxious about! Some weeks I've felt totally fine and positive, but other weeks have been terrible, especially when some ladies on here have sadly lost their babies for various reasons. All I can say is try to keep as positive as you can, break the time down into your own milestones and share with others if you're feeling anxious about something

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The worrying never stops you're right but u learn to cope with it x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rebecca, how did you CVS (?) go??

Angel Baby ~Skye~ 21/11/2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin859 View Post
    Rebecca, how did you CVS (?) go??

Hi! Thanks for asking. Such a horrendous procedure. It went ok. He didn't warn me as promised with the needle so when I suddenly felt it all the way it I tensed my stomach muscles by accident and the dr yelled at me because it made the needle move eeek! He got what he needed quite quickly which was good and I had a day glued to the couch yesterday. I'm still a bit uncomfortable but not really painful.

The obs called the lab for us today so we didn't have to wait til Monday and we can safely say out little one doesn't have Trisomy 13,18 or 21. This is big hurdle number one and a great relief.

The rest of the chromosomal results come back in 2 weeks and I have to be monitored regularly until 20 weeks for heart issues though obs is quite positive that the heart is ok.

The bonus of all this stress is that we found out we are having a little girl :-)

How are you feeling? Getting lots of kicks? I saw your diary entry about your last ob app. What a stressful day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news about the trisomy results. That's great of your OB to follow up today for you.

And yay for a little girl. Very cute!!

Make sure you update us when more results come in.

And yeah, my appointment. Ha. What a nightmare! Well not really but it felt like it on the day. There's been a few tears shed, but in the end, it was just a bit of miscommunication. I considered changing ob's, but the stress of that and having to explain our history all over again is probably all uncalled for. What he said is all true, and makes sense, and I agree... Why didn't he tell me all of that from the beginning!!

Other than that, all is fine. Feeling kicks quite regularly. That nice. A first as we didn't feel that with Skye. But a downer, I think I'm getting quite sick :-( it's finally caught up with me.

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ReBeCcA7 View Post
    Hi! Thanks for asking. Such a horrendous procedure. It went ok. He didn't warn me as promised with the needle so when I suddenly felt it all the way it I tensed my stomach muscles by accident and the dr yelled at me because it made the needle move eeek! He got what he needed quite quickly which was good and I had a day glued to the couch yesterday. I'm still a bit uncomfortable but not really painful.

The obs called the lab for us today so we didn't have to wait til Monday and we can safely say out little one doesn't have Trisomy 13,18 or 21. This is big hurdle number one and a great relief.

The rest of the chromosomal results come back in 2 weeks and I have to be monitored regularly until 20 weeks for heart issues though obs is quite positive that the heart is ok.

The bonus of all this stress is that we found out we are having a little girl :-)

How are you feeling? Getting lots of kicks? I saw your diary entry about your last ob app. What a stressful day!
    Congrats on the results and little girl x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ReBeCcA7 View Post

What a relief! Great news and I'm sure the rest of them will be just as good.

Welcome to team pink!

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay Rebecca! That's great news

DH would like a boy but for some reason this feels like a girl. Don't know why.

I have my first scan tomorrow! 7.5 weeks! I'm so nervous!!!! And excited!!!! I hope it all goes well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    First scan blew me away. We are expecting twins!!!!

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1387165995.139037.jpg