+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 79 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Levels have risen!!! Was really prepared for bad results but still don't feel able to be excited. Only one hurdle done and I'm sure many more to go. Thanks for the positive vibes. I hope you're all having a good week. I for one am buggered!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ReBeCcA7 For This Useful Post:

munchkin859  (10-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ReBeCcA7 View Post
    Levels have risen!!! Was really prepared for bad results but still don't feel able to be excited. Only one hurdle done and I'm sure many more to go. Thanks for the positive vibes. I hope you're all having a good week. I for one am buggered!
    That's great don't worry I didn't get excited til after 20wks it can take a while

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news Rebecca!

Angel Baby ~Skye~ 21/11/2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you! I can at least relax a tiny bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great to hear Rebecca!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Yolandac31 For This Useful Post:

ReBeCcA7  (10-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats wonderful news Rebecca! Like Channy said its not uncommon to not be excited til after 15 or even 20 weeks. I guess its a natural defence mechanism. But you will have nothing to worry about. Enjoy every moment like its your last.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

ReBeCcA7  (10-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishnhope View Post
    Thats wonderful news Rebecca! Like Channy said its not uncommon to not be excited til after 15 or even 20 weeks. I guess its a natural defence mechanism. But you will have nothing to worry about. Enjoy every moment like its your last.
    Thanks Wish. Yes I imagine it will take some time. I think as each week goes I'll let go a tiny bit more. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome to parenthood Rebecca, where the worry starts the moment you get a BFP and apparently doesn't stop until you die!

Seriously though, do try to relax as much as possible. You're always going to be looking forward to the next milestone, scan or test to pass, but with every day that passes you're another step closer to holding that baby in your arms.

I'm only somewhat excited still at 14 weeks, but that's more because we're waiting for test results to come back. I'm 99% sure that everything is okay, but at the same time as a survival mechanism I'm trying not to allow myself to get too attached. I'm not saying it's wrong to get attached early on, but for me it's just the way I'm coping best in the face of uncertainty.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,
    Just thought I would share my chart not getting too excited but it's looking good yeah? See what the next few days has in stall.. Although it could just be I'm sick as was stupidly tried yesterday and cold.. I'm off work today just resting up! ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1381883101.959531.jpg

What do you think am i in with a chance? Cervix is high and hard.

On that note I went to dr she thinks it could be a virus making me tired and said she doesn't think its.normal that I check my cervix.. Feeling slightly embarrassed for sharing with her

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Yolanda, nice to see you feeling so positive, even if you are suffering with a cold! At the moment your chart looks like it could go either way. Just keep in mind that being sick can make your temps go a bit wacky too, so it can be difficult to judge. I think it looks a bit more consistent than previous charts you've shared though?

As for checking your cervix, I could never figure it out personally, but during my assessment cycle they did a post coital test. Basically had to DTD the night before and then they swabbed my cervix to check for sperm. I had to repeat the test a few days later because my cervix was still closed the first time. When they did it again they showed me a pic of what my cervix looked like and told me I had most likely just ovulated. If you can identify what that feels like then I say go for it