+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 79 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 789
  1. #471
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    5,259
    Thanks
    1,046
    Thanked
    1,752
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlais View Post
    The morning sickness is a 2 way street - on one hand it's nice to have a definite symptom, but that's the only good part!

    Best advice I can give you is to eat small amounts regularly, don't really let yourself get hungry and that should help.

    Having my NT scan tomorrow - excited but nervous. 3 weeks since having my last scan seems like ages ago, so I hope my little blob is going okay in there.

    My Ob is Margo Norman. A couple of friends have had her (one through a very difficult pregnancy) and they loved her. She's also a fertility specialist so that was definitely a bonus point in her favour. I'll be having my bub at Joondalup.

    Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Wow that has come up quick although I bet it has felt like forever for you. Good luck

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to ChannyV For This Useful Post:

    Arlais  (25-09-2013)

  3. #472
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,968
    Thanks
    886
    Thanked
    777
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The last few weeks have actually gone really quickly, but I guess having my mind occupied by the new house has definitely been a good thing!

    I'm just looking forward to not having to hide it any more and having to come up with excuses why I'm not feeling well, drinking or eating certain things.

    Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

  4. #473
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    5,259
    Thanks
    1,046
    Thanked
    1,752
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlais View Post
    The last few weeks have actually gone really quickly, but I guess having my mind occupied by the new house has definitely been a good thing!

    I'm just looking forward to not having to hide it any more and having to come up with excuses why I'm not feeling well, drinking or eating certain things.

    Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Let us know how it goes x

  5. #474
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,968
    Thanks
    886
    Thanked
    777
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bubs is doing absolutely fine, kicking, waving and generally being naughty for the sonographer Heartbeat was 146 bpm, NT measurement was great at 1.4mm (they like it to be under 2.5). I haven't got the combined risk factor yet, but the sonographer was confident to say bubs would be low risk

    blob1.jpg

    blob2.jpg

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

    munchkin859  (25-09-2013)

  7. #475
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,833
    Thanks
    997
    Thanked
    628
    Reviews
    5
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yay! Super great news!! And I bet making that call to DH was great too!!


    Angel Baby ~Skye~ 21/11/2012

  8. #476
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    5,259
    Thanks
    1,046
    Thanked
    1,752
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlais View Post
    Bubs is doing absolutely fine, kicking, waving and generally being naughty for the sonographer Heartbeat was 146 bpm, NT measurement was great at 1.4mm (they like it to be under 2.5). I haven't got the combined risk factor yet, but the sonographer was confident to say bubs would be low risk

    Attachment 43114

    Attachment 43115
    Wow awesome pics and congrats, what a relief. When will u tell ppl?

  9. #477
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,968
    Thanks
    886
    Thanked
    777
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It was good thanks Munchkin - although it went to his work voicemail first! I left a message saying everything was fine, and he called me back a few minutes later. They gave me a disc with images on it so I can show him when we both get home tonight. I have an Ob appointment in 4 weeks so at least he'll be able to see bubs kicking and moving then

    We told one of DH's sons a couple of weeks ago (he asked and can keep quiet), so once the other one is told EVERYONE will know I'm going to talk to DH tonight about whether he wants to wait another week until he sees him face to face, or if he is happy to tell him over the phone.

    It feels kinda weird we're actually at a point now where it's "safe" to start spreading the news!

  10. #478
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    961
    Thanks
    204
    Thanked
    342
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lovely pics Arlais congratulations!!!

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to ReBeCcA7 For This Useful Post:

    Arlais  (27-09-2013)

  12. #479
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Perth, WA
    Posts
    359
    Thanks
    139
    Thanked
    261
    Reviews
    0
    Arlais that's great news about your low risk and that everything looks great ! Those pics are amazing I bet you can't stop looking at them
    How exciting you can tell people now! You'll have to let us know the best reaction you get.

    I had my first obs & midwife appt yesterday. Wow information overload!! He did a quick scan to check dates, we could see the gestational sac but that's it. He said that's normal for what I think I am (5+3 yesterday) so am going back next Friday for another scan to hopefully see a blob and a heartbeat. That was only a belly scan too we probably would've seen more if we did an internal but I was happy to wait until next week as I knew I'd probably need another one then anyway

    I wasn't surprised about not seeing much I knew it was too early but he gave us the ectopic pregnancy talk anyway and it put a slight damper on the positive feelings for DH but when we left I think I explained what I knew about it being early etc and he felt better. Hurry up next Friday!

    Munchkin how was your appt today?

  13. #480
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    5,259
    Thanks
    1,046
    Thanked
    1,752
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissusG View Post
    Arlais that's great news about your low risk and that everything looks great ! Those pics are amazing I bet you can't stop looking at them
    How exciting you can tell people now! You'll have to let us know the best reaction you get.

    I had my first obs & midwife appt yesterday. Wow information overload!! He did a quick scan to check dates, we could see the gestational sac but that's it. He said that's normal for what I think I am (5+3 yesterday) so am going back next Friday for another scan to hopefully see a blob and a heartbeat. That was only a belly scan too we probably would've seen more if we did an internal but I was happy to wait until next week as I knew I'd probably need another one then anyway

    I wasn't surprised about not seeing much I knew it was too early but he gave us the ectopic pregnancy talk anyway and it put a slight damper on the positive feelings for DH but when we left I think I explained what I knew about it being early etc and he felt better. Hurry up next Friday!

    Munchkin how was your appt today?
    Ugh I hate it when they mention the "e" word, can't wait to hear about ur good news next wk x


 

Similar Threads

  1. 27 year olds trying for bub no.1 hi!! :)
    By ChannyV in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 978
    Last Post: 16-04-2013, 20:08
  2. Two year olds and television
    By Mummy Nay in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 28-06-2012, 09:56
  3. No honey for under 1 year olds?
    By FluffyDucks in forum Weaning & Starting solids
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 23-05-2012, 15:16

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Pyjamas.com.au
With so many gorgeous brands and styles for every season, our pyjamas, nighties, robes, sleepsuits and sleeping bags are lovely for lights out and perfect for lazy days. Get 10% off first order using code bubhub. Be quick offer ends 31/12/16.
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
Hills Swimming Kenthurst
Located in the beautiful suburb of Kenthurst and boasts a heated 25m pool. We conduct world-leading Baby and Parent Classes, Preschool Classes, School Age and Squad Training. Our classes are small, our service personal and our quality of the highest.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!