+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 79 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I did the 50mg in feb? And had bad effects like hot flushes almost daily even into when I stopped it, moody and a few others but minor.

I was told to up to the 100mg I have them in the cupboard but then decided to try natural so yeah that was a long time ago now. I think I will see what happens if nothing my December I will consider going it again and dealing with it. I want nothing more than to do it alone though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yolanda I hear you about wanting to do it alone without needing any sort of interventions. I desperately wanted for us to be able to conceive naturally, but eventually we had to face up to the fact it wasn't going to be possible when DH's swimmers weren't making it to where they should be.

I really hope for you that it does work out, as much as I'm excited about finally being pregnant, it does make me a little sad we've had to have all these other people involved to get our baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree if it wasn't for DHs swimmers I would be trying to regulate ovulation and hopefully fall pregnant naturally but not the case for us. That being said hopefully one day if are are lucky enough to be blessed with a baby afterwards I will allow my body to be in a natural state and I don't think I will ever go back on the pill for contraception or any kind for that matter. If only I knew at 22 when I met DH what I know now... Would never have gone on the pill but no regrets right?

Yolanda I take my hat off to you, you have some serious patience! Giving yourself a time frame is a good idea, having plans & back up plans is what's getting me through all this! Good idea to reassess in December. Just wondering have you considered or talked to your FS about bi-passing clomid and going straight to FSH injections? I've heard this is far more affective for PCOS girls as lots of us clomid doesn't work for so lots end up at injections anyway. This is what my next step would have been after failing with clomid but in the mean time we found out about DH so went straight to IVF. Obviously a big step but maybe you'd get less side effects on it? Just thinking out loud. Hope you don't mind!

Arlais YOU had the hardest task... No matter how many other people helped you get a little embie it was your body that allowed pregnancy to happen so don't be sad, you worked so hard to get where you are, be proud of that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks JB

I do look forward to the fact that we won't really have to worry about any "surprises" in future and we won't need to worry about any sort of contraception. That's one bonus I guess!

At the end of the day I am thankful for having gone through this process. If we didn't I would never have known that I have potential autoimmune issues which I can now be prepared for. Knowing about it before falling pregnant means that I'm on the appropriate drugs to ensure my body doesn't reject the embryo. So many women have had to go through multiple m/c before finding that out.

I've seen that many women have side effects on clomid, so Yolanda I would be inclined to consider what JB said about going to FSH injections instead. I found them relatively side effect free during the stim phase of IVF - just a bit of bloating and that was pretty much it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just found out my HCG level is a very healthy 3160 today and all my support hormones are really good too

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

MissusG  (08-08-2013),munchkin859  (08-08-2013),poida84  (08-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's awesome news Arlais! Congratulations

Most exciting news I have to report is that I booked tickets for my 3rd Michael buble concert next year! Excited

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jb2011 For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (08-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlais View Post
    Just found out my HCG level is a very healthy 3160 today and all my support hormones are really good too
    That's brilliant

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ChannyV For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (08-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    excellent news!! I had no doubts hope you're feeling more confident with that, bring on the dating scan!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MissusG For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (08-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Only 17 days to go until dating scan lol. I do have 2 more routine BTs between now and then though, so I shouldn't go too crazy with weekly updates on my levels.

It was just that second one I was really anxious about - I had horrible thoughts that I would be thinking I was pregnant for a week and then it would just go away! Still awfully paranoid, but definitely feeling far more relaxed than I have been this past week

Happy Friday everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Only 17 days to go until dating scan lol. I do have 2 more routine BTs between now and then though, so I shouldn't go too crazy with weekly updates on my levels.

It was just that second one I was really anxious about - I had horrible thoughts that I would be thinking I was pregnant for a week and then it would just go away! Still awfully paranoid, but definitely feeling far more relaxed than I have been this past week

Happy Friday everyone!
    15 days until my first scan... I am hanging for it!

Angel Baby ~Skye~ 21/11/2012