+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 789
  1. #261
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,968
    Thanks
    886
    Thanked
    777
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smac88 View Post
    Sounds like you impressed them a lot. Nice work!! I have been thinking lately about changing jobs for better salary but then I think I am happy enough and what if I get another job and everyone isnt as nice and friendly
    Is it true your company has to hold your job and has to be flexible with the hours you want to come back and work? That's my biggest prob, negotiating being part time fir the future. I know you have to with them a year for your position to be held.

    Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Smac you are entitled to up to 12 months unpaid maternity leave if you have been working there for at least a year - this does also include your probation time. They can employ someone else to do your job on a temporary contract whilst you're away, but there's actually no stipulations that they have to be flexible with work hours when you return. If the company requires that position to be full time and that's what you originally signed up for, then they have a reasonable expectation that's what you'll be doing.

    Many workplaces are good with helping new mums transition back into work with reduced hours to begin with, and they may be willing to discuss options such as working from home part of the week or even job share, but there's very few who will totally change a position to fit in with an employees needs. You have to keep in mind though that their primary concern is running an efficient business, which may not fit in with your own ideas of a work/life balance. The best thing to do is check your workplace agreement to see what's down on paper and if possible find out what others have done in the same company. Fair work Australia also has some good info on their website - you can even email them about your situation, they will look into it and call you back with info on the appropriate laws.


    Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

    clucky_duck  (21-07-2013)

  3. #262
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,319
    Thanks
    752
    Thanked
    501
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You are so well informed! Thanks very much for the info. Here's hoping when the time comes it'll all work out. Its a great company with great staff, so would be a shame if t doesn't :thumbdown:

    Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to clucky_duck For This Useful Post:

    Arlais  (21-07-2013)

  5. #263
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,954
    Thanks
    859
    Thanked
    731
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Smac some employees including my own will drop you down to part time hours in the last few weeks of your employment before bub as some contracts/agreements state you are to return the work type you left on. So if you leave as a full timer you must return as a full timer etc. Hope that makes sense!

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

    Arlais  (21-07-2013)

  7. #264
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,968
    Thanks
    886
    Thanked
    777
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I freaked out a couple of months after starting a new job because I thought I was pregnant (figures it was the only time hubby's swimmers got to where they should be!) so I did a fair bit of research on the whole maternity leave issue. It depends so much on the individual company.

    Also, it's worth going through the calculators on the centrelink website to see whether you're better off taking the baby bonus or the paid parental leave scheme, since you can't have both. For working mummas it's generally better to do the PPL scheme, but do check it out for yourself. Don't forget also that there's provisions in place for your partner to have some paid time off when bubs comes too

    Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

  8. #265
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,319
    Thanks
    752
    Thanked
    501
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ladies I changed my name from smac88 so from now on this is my new name

  9. #266
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    5,259
    Thanks
    1,046
    Thanked
    1,752
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlais View Post
    I freaked out a couple of months after starting a new job because I thought I was pregnant (figures it was the only time hubby's swimmers got to where they should be!) so I did a fair bit of research on the whole maternity leave issue. It depends so much on the individual company.

    Also, it's worth going through the calculators on the centrelink website to see whether you're better off taking the baby bonus or the paid parental leave scheme, since you can't have both. For working mummas it's generally better to do the PPL scheme, but do check it out for yourself. Don't forget also that there's provisions in place for your partner to have some paid time off when bubs comes too

    Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app
    How r u going lovely?

  10. #267
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,968
    Thanks
    886
    Thanked
    777
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannyV View Post
    How r u going lovely?
    Good thanks hun
    I'm 6dp3dt and feeling fine today - my little bean should almost be finished implanting by now.

    POAS this morning and got a faint second line, so the booster shots are is still in my system. I have one every 3 days and due for my next one tomorrow, so I won't really be able to test reliably on a HPT.

    I'm still temping and my chart is interesting - I had a dip 2 days ago at 7dpo and my temp climbed a bit more this morning. Despite all the jabbing for IVF my temping has maintained a normal pattern and average temps for the same times as any other cycle. The only difference is I didn't get my usual temp dip around 3dpo and today's temp is higher than average for this point - so I'm kinda hoping for another high temp tomorrow

    How is your little one doing Channy? Got any scan pics to show off??

  11. #268
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    5,259
    Thanks
    1,046
    Thanked
    1,752
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlais View Post
    Good thanks hun
    I'm 6dp3dt and feeling fine today - my little bean should almost be finished implanting by now.

    POAS this morning and got a faint second line, so the booster shots are is still in my system. I have one every 3 days and due for my next one tomorrow, so I won't really be able to test reliably on a HPT.

    I'm still temping and my chart is interesting - I had a dip 2 days ago at 7dpo and my temp climbed a bit more this morning. Despite all the jabbing for IVF my temping has maintained a normal pattern and average temps for the same times as any other cycle. The only difference is I didn't get my usual temp dip around 3dpo and today's temp is higher than average for this point - so I'm kinda hoping for another high temp tomorrow

    How is your little one doing Channy? Got any scan pics to show off??
    I'm hoping so much for you been keeping track of you all in here.

    I am doing well and so is peanut. Had 12wk scan last wk which went well, pics r a bit crappy tho

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to ChannyV For This Useful Post:

    Arlais  (24-07-2013)

  13. #269
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,968
    Thanks
    886
    Thanked
    777
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannyV View Post
    I'm hoping so much for you been keeping track of you all in here.

    I am doing well and so is peanut. Had 12wk scan last wk which went well, pics r a bit crappy tho
    I am absolutely stoked that you've made it past 12wks - it must be such a relief to get this far! Do you believe it yet?

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

    ChannyV  (24-07-2013)

  15. #270
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    5,259
    Thanks
    1,046
    Thanked
    1,752
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlais View Post
    I am absolutely stoked that you've made it past 12wks - it must be such a relief to get this far! Do you believe it yet?
    Thank you. No still in denial and just waiting for something bad to happen. Had a weird thing happen today where two tiny tiny clots came out but no bleeding or cramps and nothing since, I think it's fine but I don't think I'll stop worrying until I feel movement. Thank u for ur support, I can't wait celebrate u being 12wks, which I know is on it's way


 

Similar Threads

  1. 27 year olds trying for bub no.1 hi!! :)
    By ChannyV in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 978
    Last Post: 16-04-2013, 20:08
  2. Two year olds and television
    By Mummy Nay in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 28-06-2012, 09:56
  3. No honey for under 1 year olds?
    By FluffyDucks in forum Weaning & Starting solids
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 23-05-2012, 15:16

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Tambo Teddies
Visit our online store and select your individually handmade natural sheepskin teddy bear. Our soft and loveable bears come in a range of styles and colours. Created in Outback Queensland each bear is unique individual. 100% Australian made!
sales & new stuffsee all
Wendys Music School Melbourne
Wondering about Music Lessons? FREE 30 minute ASSESSMENT. Find out if your child is ready! Piano from age 3 years & Guitar, Singing, Drums, Violin from age 5. Lessons available for all ages. 35+ years experience. Structured program.
Use referral 'bubhub' when booking
featured supporter
SRC Pregnancy & Recovery Shorts
Want pain relief during pregnancy, and to continue working and exercising? Fancy a speedy recovery after childbirth? Want to regain your pre-baby body shape fast? Recommended by healthcare professionals, SRC compression products will let your body do its most important work.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!