+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissusG View Post
    That's so exciting!! FC for Thursday - let us know how you go

I've had awful cramping for 3 days - no AF. I usually get bad cramping on cd1.
    So I was cautiously optimistic about possibly a sneaky BFP lying in wait, I heard cramping can be a symptom... Talked myself into it. AF due tomorrow so am holding out till tomorrow morning to test, but I got lots of spotting tonight so I think AF will show during the night
    I'm nervous about my lap on Tues so I think that's why I latched onto the thought because then I wouldn't need the lap no such luck ugh. Maybe next month!
    Fingers are crossed!!!!

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks MissusG - hope everything goes well for you on Tuesday. I've never had a lap done, but I've heard you're supposed to be super fertile afterwards!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

MissusG  (17-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tested this morning - BFN but still no AF, she'll likely show up sometime today.

Thanks Arlais , i heard that too which is exciting! But I read a lot of things on the forum where people have taken quite a few weeks to recover when they thought it was days, and they were in quite a lot of pain so I'm a bit nervous about that. I'm quite petite and fit too, one of the only times in my life that its a bad thing haha, because there's not much room for them to see. It's all worth it though, have to think of it like that!!

How do they put your fertilised egg in if you don't mind me asking??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissusG View Post
    Tested this morning - BFN but still no AF, she'll likely show up sometime today.

Thanks Arlais , i heard that too which is exciting! But I read a lot of things on the forum where people have taken quite a few weeks to recover when they thought it was days, and they were in quite a lot of pain so I'm a bit nervous about that. I'm quite petite and fit too, one of the only times in my life that its a bad thing haha, because there's not much room for them to see. It's all worth it though, have to think of it like that!!

How do they put your fertilised egg in if you don't mind me asking??
    LOL I know what you mean MissusG - having to jab for IVF has made me grateful for the first time in my life I have a bit of belly fat! Hurts a whole lot less than having to inject somewhere with very little fat over muscle.

For the transfer they put a speculum in the vagina, swab the cervix to get rid of any mucus in the way, then they insert a soft catheter (tube) through the cervix, load up the little embie and inject it through. They do it with (external) ultrasound guidance so they can place it in a prime position for implanting. Apparently it only takes about 5 minutes and is relatively painless apart from some AF like cramping. I then have to lay flat for half an hour.

I'm actually glad I'm having the transfer done on a Thursday, taking the Friday off work as well, so I'll have 4 days to relax and hopefully get a sticky little bean!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

munchkin859  (17-07-2013),Wishnhope  (17-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for sharing Arlais, I was interested to know how too!

Angel Baby ~Skye~ 21/11/2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    So wish we could afford to do IVF

Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by poida84 View Post
    So wish we could afford to do IVF

It is costly Poida but you get alot back from Medicare. We have no other option so we're lucky we can afford ICSI or Id never become a mother (still might not)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Poida it is expensive, but as Wish said, you do get a fair bit back from Medicare. We have PHI too so that covers a bit more like the day surgery expenses for EPU and transfer. To afford the upfront payments we extended our credit card limit - put the Medicare rebate straight back on the card (got paid into our account about a week after we paid the clinic) and we are left with about $3k to pay off the CC.

It really depends on what treatments you require (ICSI is about $850 on top of "normal" IVF) as to the overall expense. IUI treatments cost a whole lot less too if you want to start there. Have you had any testing done of yourself and DH to find out if there are any issues??

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had tests done am I'm fine but DH hasn't had his swimmers tested yet.

Best do that before thinking of fertility treatment.

My doctor told me to start looking into it as we have been trying for 9 months now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We did the same thing as Arlais, bumped up the credit card limit to take the full hit and will transfer the medicare rebate to that then pay the remainder. Atm we'll be about $3-4k out of pocket.

Poida Id recommend getting DH tested and when you go for those results get a referral. FS will most likely ask for more tests but nice to know what you are (or arent dealing) with. It takes months to get into some clinics so by the time you get in you will probably be close to the 1 year mark (if you dont get lucky prior! )

AFM I have EPU Friday (freeze all cycle likely) 16 follicles waiting to be harvested!!