+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 79 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats Smac! Having a home to raise a family is definitely a relief when its marked off your list. We finished building our dream home about 6 weeks ago (keep telling myself thats why we havent gotten pregnant earlier)

Arlais we have so much in common! I o'd yesterday (CD18) !! And I would have thought that a post-coital would make sense for us since DH's sperm is our "only" issue. If I have a hostile environment then will ICSI be a waste of time?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

clucky_duck  (22-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishnhope View Post

Arlais we have so much in common! I o'd yesterday (CD18) !! And I would have thought that a post-coital would make sense for us since DH's sperm is our "only" issue. If I have a hostile environment then will ICSI be a waste of time?
    I'm not sure wish, I guess the only thing you can do is ask your FS when you see them next? When are you going to see them again? I'm so happy I don't have to go in for another BT until the 26th!

I don't think it will have an adverse affect on ICSI since it's really just about the sperm making it through the cervix and up where it should be to meet the egg. Because it will already be fertilised when they put it back in, I would think they would be more concerned about the quality of your uterine lining than what your cervical fluid is doing.

Both times they did the PCT on me they didn't find any sperm, not even dead ones, so in our case they're simply not getting to where they need to go. DH said yesterday he must only be making girl sperm because they don't have any sense of direction

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlais View Post
    I'm not sure wish, I guess the only thing you can do is ask your FS when you see them next? When are you going to see them again? I'm so happy I don't have to go in for another BT until the 26th!

Both times they did the PCT on me they didn't find any sperm, not even dead ones, so in our case they're simply not getting to where they need to go. DH said yesterday he must only be making girl sperm because they don't have any sense of direction
    We wont be seeing the FS for a while, our next appt is with the nurse next Monday to get the drugs explained. we wont have to see FS for a while and can do FET with the nurses until our BFP!!

Its awesome not having BTs isnt it? I havent been to our clinic in almost three weeks!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (18-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Repeat post from another thread to update my lovely 27 club girls :-)

Hi ladies, just returned from our day 21 appt to review all the results of our assessment cycle.

Turns out I get an A+ rating - hormones are great, lining is perfect, I'm ovulating fine on my own

I do have polycystic ovaries, but on the mild end of the spectrum which thankfully doesn't interfere with my cycle or have an adverse effect on my fertility. They just have to give me low doses of drugs to prevent hyperstimulating as having PCO means I could respond too well.

Also found out today that I have antinuclear antibodies (ANAs) which means that my body my attack a pregnancy/clot the placenta - so part of my drug regime will be prednisone, baby aspirin & progesterone support during the cycle and continuing into early pregnancy.

DH's sperm is improving in numbers, but still not enough to achieve pregnancy on our own. Only 2% motility so our best option is ICSI.

We've been given all the info sheets & consent forms, now just waiting to finish this cycle and I'll be due to start the drugs on day 2 (approx 2nd or 3rd of July)!!

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That all sounds really positive Hun x

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you going Channy?!

Arlais you should join the girls in the IVF/ICSI June/July cycle Thread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Not too bad thanks 8wks yesterday just plodding along waiting for that magical 12 mark. Saw a little heartbeat last wk which was lovely. X

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChannyV For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (22-06-2013),Calstar  (22-06-2013),clucky_duck  (22-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannyV View Post
    Not too bad thanks 8wks yesterday just plodding along waiting for that magical 12 mark. Saw a little heartbeat last wk which was lovely. X
    I love hearding that Channy!!! Come on 12 weeks....

On another my sister-in-law just sent me a belly pic update (she lives over East and is pregnant with twin boys) and she's grown heaps!! She only has 4 weeks to go and I honestly don't know how her belly has managed to stretch that much. So amazing what the body can do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not much longer Channy! Fingers crossed for you :-D

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

ChannyV  (22-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I've been over in the IVF threads (just about to start injections tomorrow!), but I was just wondering how all the ladies in here are going?? Would love to see some updates