+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It was a bit worse with dd2, vomiting a lot more and needing more hospital treatments for dehydration. It didn't last as long though thankfully!

dd1 I was sick from around 6 weeks- 25 weeks had about 5 weeks off then was sick again till the end.

dd2 I was sick before I knew I was pregnant (prompted me to take a test) that was before 4 weeks! Lasted till 23ish weeks, then I would just have random bad days here and there for the rest of my pregnancy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry if my response is not what you hoped to hear.
    With my first (DS) I was severely ill from 6 to 12 weeks, spent the entire time hospitalised and on a drip. Maxalon did not help and I was offered nothing else. At 12 weeks I suddenly felt fine and had no nausea the remaining of my pregnancy.
    I am now pregnant with my second, a girl, and am now at 20 weeks still vomiting every morning and taking zofran. Without the medication I spend the entire day wrapped around the toilet bowl, but with it I vomit once in the morning and then feel nauseous but no vomiting for the remainder of the day.

My midwife said from her experience it gets worse in subsequent pregnancies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This is probably no help but thought I would comment. I had zero morning sickness with ds but with dd this time I was in and out of hospital because I had to be on iv meds because if hg......will play a massive part in choosing wether or not to go round three and try once more.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    This time im going to chat to my Dr about an action plan to deal with it. I cant afford the zofran (and it didnt work last time). It took me being transported to hopsital in an ambulance for them to take notice, then they did nothing anyway. I will rock up to the hospital for iv fluids every week if i have to. That was the only thing that made me not throw up (even if it was only for two or so days after the fluids). Ive also started keeping track of my hydration, and im making sure i drink at least 2L of water a day from here out as i found the less i was hydrated the worse i felt then it was a big cruddy cycle of sick from there onwards.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't get it 1st time around with DS, in fact I was barely sick with him. This time around I have been sick pretty much since I found out I was pregnant. So far I have had 3 stays in hospital and am on zofran. The zofran doesn't work all the time. I've lost over 10kgs since Easter and most of the time barely feel like eating. They think it could be a hereditary thing in my case as most of the women in my family have had it in some form. I'm hoping that it will stop at 12 weeks but I don't like my chances. If it gets worse each time this bub will be my last

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I had it right up to and during labour with DS1 at 42 weeks, up to 34 weeks with DS2 but thankfully only til 17 weeks with belly babe.

However the HG is the deciding factor in why there will be no #4 for us. I cannot go through it again. I am now 33 weeks and I am over 12kg lighter than when I got pregnant.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm now 5+1 and so far so good. I got sick at about 5+4 with ds2 so I'm expecting it. With him though i wasnt sick at all then bam! This time i get a few queasy waves here and there. I'm eating all my favourite things now, just in case i can't have food for 4mths.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yup, I got it again this time around. It lasted a few weeks longer this time around as well. With DS it was up until 12 weeks and this time around 15 weeks. Torture!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its not fun, I'm hoping mine will stop or at lease ease shortly, but I don't like my chances. When I was in hospital the first time one of the midwives/nurses told me to use breathing techniques and that will help stop me from feeling sick. That and to drink ginger beer, ginger tea and ginger supplements as well as get sea bands. She basically was implying that it was all in my head. Its easy to say breathe through the nausea when its so distracting you cannot think of anything else. I was so glad that she wasnt on the next time I was in there other wise it would have been "see where your breathing techniques and ginger got me" I was not impressed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ginger makes me sick so no good. With ds2i tried maxalon, zofran, stematil (im allergic), homeopathic stuff, mylanta, b6, sea sick bands, and ginger tablets. Nothing stopped me throwing up multiple times a day except iv fluids. I was in hospital 3times between 6wks to 20wks, I refused admission because if my other child not having a carer as my dp works fifo.