+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Hyperemesis in subsequent pregnancies.

If you had HG in one pregnancy, did you get it again in other pregnancies? Was it longer or shorter? Was it worse in the subsequent pregnancies?

I had HG until 24wks (felt normal from 26wks) with DS2 and wondering if i should expect it again this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    My MS was way worse with my 2nd pg. With DD I was ill until 16 weeks. With DS I could hardly move off the lounge until 24 weeks don't want to freak you out lol but I've noticed it's kind of a thing of if you get MS you always get it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    My MS was way worse with my 2nd pg. With DD I was ill until 16 weeks. With DS I could hardly move off the lounge until 24 weeks don't want to freak you out lol but I've noticed it's kind of a thing of if you get MS you always get it.
    I wouldnt mind general morning sickness. I dont want HG again though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    I wouldnt mind general morning sickness. I dont want HG again though
    I know what you mean. I vomited all day every day for 6 months with DS. I actually had thoughts I wanted to die. Dramatic as it sounds, that's the point I'd got to

I hope this time around it's just a bit of nausea I remember a friend, trying to be well meaning, you said she understood how I felt. She went on to say she only vomited once in her pg, but not vomiting was actually worse. ummm no, no it's not

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I know what you mean. I vomited all day every day for 6 months with DS. I actually had thoughts I wanted to die. Dramatic as it sounds, that's the point I'd got to

I hope this time around it's just a bit of nausea I remember a friend, trying to be well meaning, you said she understood how I felt. She went on to say she only vomited once in her pg, but not vomiting was actually worse. ummm no, no it's not
    I hear you, constant nausea would be crap, but throwing up so much you lose bladder control on a daily basis, being hospitalised 3times in 14wks and spending over $3000 on anti-nausea meds that you throw up anyway is much much worse. I didnt eat for 4mths.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My sister had HG with my niece until about 26 weeks then had it up until the day she had my nephew at 36 weeks... Sorry to say that in her case it lasted longer and was definitely worse with pregnancy #2, to the point where she had her tubes tied during her c-section with #2 as she couldn't handle being pregnant again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    My sister had HG with my niece until about 26 weeks then had it up until the day she had my nephew at 36 weeks... Sorry to say that in her case it lasted longer and was definitely worse with pregnancy #2, to the point where she had her tubes tied during her c-section with #2 as she couldn't handle being pregnant again.
    Crud this is my last baby, i really hope i dont get it again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thankfully I have no experience of HG and I hope never to be personally acquainted with it. I just saw this thread on the latest threads list so I started reading and I just have to say that I think you women are absolutely amazing...I don't know how you do it...such dedication and strength.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Albert01 For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (16-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had it with both of my pregnancies from 5weeks to 16 both times I'd love one more but that plays heavy on my mind good luck I hope you don't get it it's one of the worst things to have to deal with emotionally and physically

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing. Probably the worst time of my life and am terrified of having #2 for the fear of it happening again.