+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was at home for all 3. First i was getting up in te morning sat on the edge of the bed and felt that pop...was induced the next day as it wasn't progressing fast enough (big regret, wish I knew a lot more)

Number 2 I woke up with pains, thought I may have had a tummy bug haha. It couldn't be that day, it was the day before due date and hubby was best man at a wedding. He took ds1 to brunch with the groom and I called him about 10 when my waters broke. He got home about 11, I showered we tried to get ds1 to nap as I thought I had ages. Luckily he didn't go to sleep so we decided to go to hoppy do fil could meet us there. Ds was born 20 mins later

Ds3 we had been out with friends allll day, to a christmas party then they stayed for dinner. We had a terrific day, and so many laughs at dinner! They left about midnight, I went to the loo about to jump in bed as I was totally exhausted then pop...ds3 was born 4 hours later. We messaged our friends as we'd all been joking I'd go into labour as we'd been laughing so much and they wanted to come back haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    I felt really sick for about three days before. Thought it was either heat stroke or a tummy bug or something. Turns out it was early labour!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was at the shops and felt like I had some period type cramping, quite subtle. Came home and was sitting on the couch and it intensified and I thought I was getting Brixton hicks (since I was 24 weeks). I remember the pain radiating down through my upper thighs and around to my back. Warm shower wouldn't ease them and then they started to become regular which is when I called the hospital!

Thanks
    Reviews
    felt normal with both boys.
    with ds1 dh said to me before going to work in the morning that the baby was going to come that day, i said nah he is too comfy in there. well what do you know i went into labour that night, waters broke at 4:30pm buy had been slowly leaking since 10:30am. that day i had walked dog, showered, ate, watched tv, been on internet so nothing exciting.

ds2 another normal day, dh was on holidays from work but had been doing a tafe course and was tossing up wether to go to tafe or not that morning. i told him to go cos if we plan something then baby would come so i hoped that him going to tafe the baby would decide to come.
    well i went into labour just before 7pm that night but dh was well and truely home by then.
    i was so thankful i had finally gone into labour as i was getting scared of being induced by going over, we thought i was going to go a couple of weeks earlier as ds1 was 17 days early but nope ds2 only 1 day early.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I woke up in bed at 5am all three times to labour starting so I was we'll rested

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bub arrived at 39+6. Didn't feel any different to normal, that day I took the car for a service, did some shopping, had a big BBQ at home with relatives, took my dogs for a long walk, and finished the night with a game of monopoly.
    Was sleeping quiet comfortably when my partner woke me at 1am to make sure I was okay because I kept scratching my belly well I was asleep. I told him that I was fine it was just Braxton hicks but he timed them and they were two mins apart so called the hosp and they told us to come in as we were 1.5 hours away.
    turns out I was in labour and my 3kg boy arrived at midday after a very uneventful natural labour.

It still hasn't sunk in that I gave birth 10weeks ago, it feels like this baby just appeared, I was expecting hours of painful contractions and a horror story of pain experience

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Did most of you have "pre-labour" I feel completely normal and the only times I've had a run of painful contractions is following my last 2 stretch and sweeps. I feel like it won't start without any warning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueLips View Post
    Did most of you have "pre-labour" I feel completely normal and the only times I've had a run of painful contractions is following my last 2 stretch and sweeps. I feel like it won't start without any warning.
    I didn't have any "pre-labour"; no BH, no loss of plug, nothing. I had my first contraction at about 6pm (at 40+6) but thought it might be a BH but a few hours later I knew I was in labour and bub was born at 3:53pm the next day :-)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

BlueLips  (27-04-2013)