+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What were you doing/how did you start/how did you feel before labour?

Hey guys just wondering how you felt before you went into labour, eg tired, energetic, etc. or what you were doing or did to start labour?
    thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just went about my normal day. I woke up with pre-labour period like cramps about 4:30am and went back to sleep. Woke up normal time with cramps still coming and going. My hubby was more excited than I was :P

The rest of the day I went for a walk, did the laundry, pottered around the house, chatted with the neighbours, went to the shops...I guess I was reasonably active lol.

By 10pm that evening I'd decided things were definitely progressing as by then the cramps/contractions were making me stop and have to clutch the wall or chair and by 11:30 I'd gone to hospital (DS was born 4am).

As for how I felt...calm, confident, excited to meet the little man

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was lying in bed, unable to sleep a 40 weeks pregnant and had just sat up as the baby was pressing really hard against my ribs, so hard that it was really painful and it felt like she was tryig to burst out through my ribs! I sat there rubbing my side and has just put my head back down on the pillow when I felt a pop and the hot gush of liquid; my waters had broken

Earlier that day I had gone to my final appointment where they had given me a stretch and sweep to see if we could get things moving along. Apart from that, it had been a normal day for me- I was feeling excitement and just really anxious for this baby to finally arrive!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was my due date and went to lunch with DH and friends where I ate a ridiculous amount of food and stared getting cramps about 2.30 which I thought were tummy pains from eating so much until DH stated timing them at about 7.30 when they were 6 minutes apart!

He had asked me earlier if it was labour, to which I replied with, "der.... I think I would know if I was in labour" hahaha

Feeling wise, I felt fine. No different to the days before. I never got the "nesting" urge.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was feeling really good, still lots of energy although took advantage of having nana naps when I could

I was almost 38 weeks.

I had just finished work a few days prior and had been racing around getting things organised, getting car capsule fitted etc...for the last 3 days. 😁

On that day I'd gone and gotten my hair done, met a friend for lunch then raced home to do some shopping in prep for having friends over for pizza and drinks.

Our friends arrived, the guys had got through one beer. My girlfriend (who was also pregnant) and I were just about to head out to pick up the pizza's.

On the way to the front door my forewaters went. I totally thought I was peeing myself and rushed to the toilet! 😳

That was about 8pm Fri night, my early labour didn't start till about 4am on the Sat morning. Proper labour started about 11pm that night, headed into hospital around 2:30am and DS was born at 10:30am the Sunday morning. 38 weeks exactly. 😄

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I felt normal. I was lying on the couch watching TV at about 10pm on a Tuesday night, the day before my due date, and felt a slightly uncomfortable braxton hicks contraction. I ignored it at first and went to bed. I woke up at about 3am and had to move around a bit, then dozed until about 6 or 7am. Most of that day I just hung out at home on the fit ball and watched movies. Went for a walk in the afternoon which got things moving, went to hospital and DD was born at 8:30 the next morning (Thursday).

I had no hints that labour was coming before that Tuesday night, I was convinced I'd be overdue!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had this sense that something was happening but was just calm and a little excited. I had pre labour all Thursday (valentines day) but I just focused on cooking the nice meal and making the choc fondants for dinner and going for walks around the block. When I went to bed the contractions were about 8 minutes apart and had been all arvo. I woke up the same but then felt/heard the pop that was my waters going. That was 6am. Laboured at home all day, I guess I was nesting as one of the first things I did when my waters broke was put on a load of washing and clean the oven!
    DS was born Saturday morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I woke up at round 6:30am on my due date, felt totally normal, DTD to bring in labour, DH went for a surf, just after he had gone I felt the TINIEST 'period pain' like cramps, and went to the loo and there was a microscopic amount of blood. I knew then I was in labour. From then on I had very mild contractions until round 2:30/3pm. I went about my day as normal, went and did some shopping, haha then when I got home I thought I might lie down for a rest as I didn't know how long this would all last, as soon as I laid down I had the most intense contractions and knew it had really begun

Thanks
    Reviews
    subbing I'm due in 3 weeks but need to have her by my EDD.

C'mon baby.

Accupuncture tomorrow, chiropractor Thursday. Stretch and sweep Friday (if she's engaged at all).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love reading stories like these! Keep them coming