+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Liquid Folic Acid and/or Pre-Conception Vitamins

Hi all

We're going to start trying for a baby in approximately 6 months and my friend suggests taking folic acid and pre-conception vitamins however I cannot swallow tablets.

Does anyone know of any liquid folic acid or vitamins available? If not, do you have any other ideas for me?

Thanks heaps

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    No real suggestions but have you tried swallowing tablets in a mouthful of food? I never could swallow tablets but because I'm iron deficient I needed to (have you ever tried liquid iron - yuk!), so i started taking them with food instead.

Other than that...lots of lots of green leafy vegies? I recently started putting finely chopped spinach in my bolgnase.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can get the Nature's Way pre-natal/pregnancy vita gummies. I can't swallow tablets either and have found these the perfect solution

Thanks
    Reviews
    The blackmores ifolic tablets are tiny - about the size of a mini M&M so they are easy to swollow = I take mine after dinner - I hate tablets too but this one is so tiny I manage fine. They are not that expensive so I would give that a go and then work your way up with the rest of the multivitamins - good luck!

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by misscheviuz View Post
    You can get the Nature's Way pre-natal/pregnancy vita gummies. I can't swallow tablets either and have found these the perfect solution
    Ooo...thats a great idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the suggestions...

I am going to try the blackmores ifolic tablets first and if I can't swallow those tiny ones then I will get the vita gummies.

The only thing I had heard about the vita gummies is that you need to have a lot of them each day to get the required dosage/amount required. Is this true?

Thanks
    Reviews
    You only need to have 2 a day. They taste yummy too! Orange flavour yum!