+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Round ligament pain..tips?

Does anyone have any good tips on dealing with round ligament pain? I'm 25 weeks this week and I catch the bus/train to and from work each day and when I'm walking I get such bad ligament pain that starts on either side of my belly like a sharp stretching/tearing pain, then moves into my lower abdomen in a deep period-like pain. I've started walking slower but it still seems to happen. Does anyone else get it this bad and has worked out how to ease it a bit? Am calling hospital today to ask them as well as my doc is away till next week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sorry to hear you're getting this. I'm just coming up 30 weeks, and have been experiencing it for a while now too.

I saw a physio last week, and she said that it was made worse by walking and rotation. So she said to limit how much walking I was doing (which wasn't that much anyway), and to avoid twisting movements as much as possible.

She also suggested sleeping on my side with a pillow between my knees (to stop the top leg from hyperextending over and twisting the pelvis) - and that seems to have made a difference to the pain I feel during the day. I've only been doing it a week, but it does seem to help.

I wear the SRC pregnancy shorts too, which helps too. I notice a difference on the days when I don't wear them!

The physio also said it's okay to use ice (wrapped up, so you don't burn your skin) to ease the pain, and basically to take lots of rest and try to keep your pelvis as straight as possible when sitting or standing.

Sorry to not have anything else to suggest. Hope it eases for you soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great thank you very much! I might look at getting some of those shorts, cause I don't do much walking either lol. And it's unavoidable most of the time unfortunately! I had hip and lower back problems from my last preg and carrying my son, probably why I feel this ligament pain a lot sooner 😞 hope your pregnancy is going well and thank you again 😀