+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default is this 'no cry'?

My 7 week old baby has been self settling now for 2 weeks. Before that she fell asleep in my arms or on the boob and then I put her in the cot.

Now we have a cuddle, a little rock and I sing her a song, tell her I love her and walk out with the white noise on.

Most times she falls straight asleep. Sometimes she stares at things around the room and then drops off. Sometimes she coos to herself.

A few times she has cooed to herself and started these 2 sec beginnings of what would turn into a cry but gone back to cooing or fallen asleep. She might do this for max 3 or 4 mins.

I pick her up staright away for a cuddle if she cries. Is this no cry or Controlled crying?

I am just interested. I have never wanted her to feel alone and wonder if I should be picking her up if she is doing the latter scenerio.

Thanks
    Reviews
    IMO yes I believe it is no cry. I do exactly the same with my 7 week old DD and have done since she was born. I put her down for all sleeps awake but pick her up to soothe her anytime she cries. I do let her whinge a little just like you describe but never let it get to actual crying.

I think that you should just follow your instinct, you know her better than anyone and can tell if she is protesting or actually upset. Just do whatever you're comfortable with

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks! I know it sounds like I am over thinking things but have been curious since reading another thread tonight.

Following your instinct is great advice :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Every baby will cry. It's not CIO or controlled crying to me. She's just winding down. 3-4 mins is great! It may seem like a long time until you watch the clock!