+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by marianaluky View Post
    By the way.. noone will ask about the kids Dads, on the very very rude and nosey people do... to those people you just have to say that its none of their business. Which is true anyway. They just want an inlook into your life which you wont give them! Hahaha!
    That's very true! I've gotten past that bit now, I'm just very excited. I'm actually busting to tell DS but I know I'll have to wait a bit longer haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Yes, pretty much almost the same, except my second child's father is my BIL's best mate so I've known him 10+ years and he's a successful entrepreneur so I struck it lucky there and he's a very involved father to DD.

But yeah, apart from that I'm a single mum to two kids. Pregnancy was an emotional time being alone, but I am doing great now. I work full time and financially we're doing well

Congrats!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to dampen the moods here...
    Though you might want to consider getting some legal advice about the parental rights of the bio-father.... just incase this one tries to come back and become dominating towards "having the rights" to see the bubs.
    If the courts are shown that this person is not suitable to be a parent theb they may be able to give another person of your choice a parental order.
    The courts usually look out for the childs best interest.
    Is there anyone that you can definetely leave the kids with incase something happens to you? Or decide for you (if you are not able to decide at the time) if your child has an operation or not.
    I am looking into this myself, because I would not want my kids to end up in their bio fathers hands because I havent got my fiance a parental order. He is their father after all and certainly better for the kids.
    Just thought I would let you know about the dangers regarding these strange boys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by αληθη View Post
    Congrats on your pregnancy! I'm pregnant with my first so can't really relate to having two children and being single but I can relate to being single and pregnant. It's hectic but you sound like you're going to handle it all really well
    I must be losing the plot!! For some reason I thought you had a partner :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    OP - I was single while pregnant after after breaking up with exH so I'm not sure about things in regards to FOB. But I'm sure you'll be fine!! It'll be lovely for your little man to have a sibling too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I was thinking of just not telling him, he boasted to a friend of mine that he had a baby and the mother was 'drug fu***d' but he didn't 'give a sh*t' as it was no longer his problem. I just don't want someone like that around my child - yes I know I should've thought about that before getting myself into this situation but I didn't plan on sleeping with him nor fall pregnant

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey its okay, I wasnt trying to brag about making those decisions that I have made myself. Really.. I was just concerned about this man wanting to see the baby after its born. Yes its tricky I know. Life doesnt always pan out the way that yoj always think it will. But yeah, ask for some legal advice, it could be just the case of not putting his name in the birth certificate. Not sure if its really ethical but if they have no interest in the childs wellbeing then I believe that they shouldnt be allowed to have an rights. Just my opinion though. I am no family courts lawyer. Wish I was though....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry if I came accross as being too bossy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You never know if this man or kid... could have a mid life crisis later on in his life and demand full rights, and visitations etc. Its best to get it all the facts about what you can do to be in full control in this situation. :thumbup:

10. The Following User Says Thank You to marianaluky For This Useful Post:

sarz2009  (17-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No no not bossy at all I appreciate your help. I might just tell him maybe when I find out how far I am etc