+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Suspected Ectopic

Hi
    Hi have a suspected ectopic and am 7weeks today.my FS scanned today and wanted to operate tomorrow morning but I wanted to be near my DH and DS etc.

i am flying home today and will speak with our OB/GYN tomorrow he has suggested surgery Wednesday. Is this day surgery or does it require a hospital stay? I was so surprised I forgot to ask any questions regarding this procedure. How painful after surgery and how much time off etc required?

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry to hear you're going through this.

For me, I had the surgery (laparoscopic) on a Friday morning and left hospital on Sunday afternoon. I went back to work as a waitress (but only for 3 hour shifts) the following Friday and felt fine. A bit sore/tired but it was a pretty easy recovery.

Hope it all goes well for you x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am sorry you are going through this :-(

My best friend had an ectopic pregnancy 2 weeks ago. She had it confirmed at 6 weeks via internal scan on Thursday afternoon and was booked in for surgery the next morning first thing. Unfortunately it ruptured overnight and she was rushed to hospital in the middle of the night. She had tube removed and her OB advised a week off work and she was very sore and emotional so she really needed that time.

She was in hospital overnight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im so sorry to hear you are experiencing this.

My surgery was at 2pm and I left the hospital at 8pm. I was back at work 6 days later.

Physically the recovery wasnt bad, emotionally it was more difficult. Be kind to yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies

I feel so sick with MS I just want this to end now. It is so cruel. I have no idea what to make of it all as we have had 4 miscarriages, a 2nd trimester loss and now an ectopic we are so so sad it barely describes how we feel. We have had 3 losses in 10 months and lost 2 close family members in that time too.

Just need to have this done and take some time to heal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellavista View Post
    Thanks ladies

I feel so sick with MS I just want this to end now. It is so cruel. I have no idea what to make of it all as we have had 4 miscarriages, a 2nd trimester loss and now an ectopic we are so so sad it barely describes how we feel. We have had 3 losses in 10 months and lost 2 close family members in that time too.

Just need to have this done and take some time to heal.
    Hugs hugs hugs. I'm so sorry you've had a lot of grief in these past 10 months. No one knows why these things happen & it just sucks. sorry, ive got no words of wisdom but I couldn't read without giving you some virtual hugs back. Take care of yourself Hun xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the information ladies.

I had surgery today and they couldn't find it they think I may still be pregnant!!! Who knows ??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellavista View Post
    Thanks for the information ladies.

I had surgery today and they couldn't find it they think I may still be pregnant!!! Who knows ??
    Gosh what a roller coaster! I hope you get some answers soon