+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Laser eye surgery any one?

Hi guys.
    I'm really looking into getting my eyes fixed.
    I'm sick of the kids grabbing at my glasses, I'm sick of them falling off my face at gym, I'm sick of them fogging up when I open the oven or putting them on after a shower, I want to be able to talk to the shops when it's spitting with rain outside and not have to wipe the rain off my glasses. I could go on!

Has anyone here had it done? What was it like, how is it now, do you know if there is anywhere that do payment plans and how much did it cost!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would like to know all this too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing I'm interested in any side effects like dry eye and how bad it was and how long it lasted

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had it done in 2002 and highly recommend it. It was painless and the results are immediate. My eyes were a bit dry and sore for a few days but you are given drops to put in. I only had 2 days off work.

I have saved so much money on glasses and contact lenses since I underwent the procedure that I'm sure it has paid for itself by now.

I had the surgery with Dr McGeorge at sjog hospital in Murdoch WA.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TeBe View Post
    I had it done in 2002 and highly recommend it. It was painless and the results are immediate. My eyes were a bit dry and sore for a few days but you are given drops to put in. I only had 2 days off work.

I have saved so much money on glasses and contact lenses since I underwent the procedure that I'm sure it has paid for itself by now.

I had the surgery with Dr McGeorge at sjog hospital in Murdoch WA.
    I've heard nothing but good things so far. Is your Vision perfect now?
    Was it hard not to want to blink?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had mine done about 12 years ago.

I had the Lasik procedure done in England (where I'm from), and it cost 2500GBP at the time.

Best thing I ever did. Prior to the surgery my eyesight was -4.5 in one eye, and -4.75 in the other. Now it's perfect.

I was warned at the time that I was borderline for whether or not they would do it, because I have ginormous pupils. A side effect (if you have big pupils) is that you can get the 'halo effect' around lights at night. I wanted to go ahead, and did so. I do get the halo effect, which means that I can see a soft fuzzy halo of light around lights at night time. I can still drive, etc.

No real side effects. No dry eyes. I could see better almost immediately - on the way home from the procedure I could read car license plates and road signs (which I couldn't previously). I was told it may take a few days to settle down, but it was perfect pretty much straight away. I woke up the next day with perfect sight, and it never changed.

No pain and no irritation, although I've heard they can happen.

Happy to answer any questions, if anyone has any...?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Harliben View Post
    I've heard nothing but good things so far. Is your Vision perfect now?
    Was it hard not to want to blink?
    I returned to the hospital the next morning where they removed the plastic covers over my eyes ( see through plastic to stop you rubbing them for the first 12 hours) and they tested my vision and apparently it was 20/20 perfect vision. I haven't had my eyes tested since then but I have not noticed any deterioration.

Do you mean was it hard not to blink during the procedure? If yes, then my response is that they tape your eyes open for a couple of minutes to complete the procedure so blinking is not something to be concerned about. I remember thinking during the procedure "I wonder when they are going to begin the laser part" and then the surgeon said it was all over for the left eye and now they would do the right eye. So basically I didn't feel a thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    wish I'd done it sooner.
    no drama.
    $3k per eye.
    quick and easy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would love to get this done but I'm just a bit too chicken. Bizarre cos normally medical stuff doesn't faze me in the slightest. You're so brave to go through with it!

What strength script were you wearing before you got it done? And were you a contact wearer?

I'm only -1.75 and I wear mainly glasses but contacts for sport it it would be great to do away with them altogether!

My best friend was a +9, she wasnt a candidate for laser but got implantable contact lenses which are exactly what they sound; they put a tiny incision into your eyeball and insert a permanent contact lens. Pretty freaky hey!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfishie View Post
    I would love to get this done but I'm just a bit too chicken. Bizarre cos normally medical stuff doesn't faze me in the slightest. You're so brave to go through with it!

What strength script were you wearing before you got it done? And were you a contact wearer?

I'm only -1.75 and I wear mainly glasses but contacts for sport it it would be great to do away with them altogether!

My best friend was a +9, she wasnt a candidate for laser but got implantable contact lenses which are exactly what they sound; they put a tiny incision into your eyeball and insert a permanent contact lens. Pretty freaky hey!
    From memory, I was around -3 before I had it done and I wore glasses sometimes and contact lenses the rest of the time. When I first started wearing contact lenses they were great, but over time I had a few infections and wearing contact lenses became increasingly uncomfortable. That is why I began to investigate the laser solution.