+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That's strange, i hope its not a fake! It's an Ergo Sport purchased in-store from My Baby Warehouse.
    I struggle to get her to do the "froggy legs" when I'm putting her in it, I can bend her legs when I'm putting her in the infant insert, then they come un-bent when I put her in the carrier. I guess I'm still a bit nervous about using it and getting her in it in case I drop her. I've only used it 4-5 times and I think as she's gotten bigger (now 7 weeks) I feel less confident as she's more awake and more squirmy.
    I guess I need to loosen the shoulder straps to make that strap across her back looser, as well as trying to bend her legs so she snuggles in lower. Hopefully it improves with practice!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My bub is alot lower in the ergo than that and she's the same age, she is a smaller bub though.

I rang ergo and asked for advice when I was unsure about her positioning in the ergo. They are helpful.

I know the others have said it, but it doesn't look quite right. Hope you fix it! I also purchased a hug a bub from ebay and I LOVE it! I think they are both excellent carriers, I just use them for different purposes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    Here is my ergo to show you what I mean

I wish mine was a pretty as this! Mine is a beige/green. My partner says I look like I am about to head out to the front line when I wear her.
    Sadly they didn't have any pretty colours or designs when I got mine!

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is a silly question, but is the strap you have going around bub meant to go around your back between the shoulder straps? It looks like bub needs to move down some and not be so tight. Good luck with it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    As a pp has said there are some fantastic videos on YouTube that show how to put the baby in the infant insert, then into the carrier.

I have a performance and bubs chin was in line with my nipples when he was in the infant insert inside the carrier, so his nose was just above the gap between my breasts.

From looking at your pic it looks like your ergo waist band is sitting up too high. Try loosening off the shoulders and moving the waist band so it sits like low waisted jeans or low rise underwear - so you just feel the top of hip bones sticking out above the waist band IYKWIM.

It takes a while to get the hang of using the ergo but they are a godsend in the early days!!!
    Last edited by Taiyed; 15-04-2013 at 19:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1366018021.089116.jpg

This is what I mean, but waist a little lower so the weight is carried more on the hips.