+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Toddler pillow

At what age do toddlers start to use pillows?

Also what size pillow and where do I get one from?

Anything else I should know?

DS is 2 at the end of May

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS started around 18mths. He loves his pillow. DD was probably 3 even though she had one in her bed she didn't like sleeping on it.

For both I buy the "my first" or "junior" pillows. Normal size just thin.
    Sheridan have them, I've also bought cheaper target ones, I just make sure they're machine washable.
    I find the target one to wash well and not clump.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I read on sleepys or sleepmaker website that kids below 2 shouldn't have pillows at all. I can't remember if it was a suffocation or a neck issue. DS moved out of a cot when he turned 2 (early feb) and had a cushion on his bed which he has just started to use along with soft toys as a pillow. Just yesterday I got him a doona and have given him our smallest spare pillow (with matching quilt cover set). I'd say if your toddler sleeps on their arms or soft toys then they are probably ready for a small pillow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Noty View Post
    I read on sleepys or sleepmaker website that kids below 2 shouldn't have pillows at all. I can't remember if it was a suffocation or a neck issue. DS moved out of a cot when he turned 2 (early feb) and had a cushion on his bed which he has just started to use along with soft toys as a pillow. Just yesterday I got him a doona and have given him our smallest spare pillow (with matching quilt cover set). I'd say if your toddler sleeps on their arms or soft toys then they are probably ready for a small pillow.
    Yes me too! Have read not before 2! But I DS started a little early because he used his doll as a pillow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DS doesn't use a pillow at all at the moment (hence my question) and he also doesn't sleep with his head on a toy or on his arms...

Do I take that as he doesn't need / want a pillow or do you introduce a pillow anyway?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    DS had one as a bub tucked under his sheet because he was a reflux bub and it kept him propped up a bit. When he went into his own bed at 18 mths we got him a junior tontine pillow. Cheap as chips and machine washable. Recently he thought he was big enough to have one of my spare pillows but ended up with a sore neck. He soon went back to the junior pillow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd went into a big bed @ 2.25yo but she had a pillow before that. I just got a soft cheep one from kmart.