+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sorry, just read your last post! Funny how it was a medical thing that changed your mind!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Sorry, just read your last post! Funny how it was a medical thing that changed your mind!!
    I know right?! It's amazing what a sick child and a little motivation can do.

That must have been so scary for you

3. The Following User Says Thank You to thepouts For This Useful Post:

beebs  (21-04-2013)

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I was in an accident when I was 15 and was terrified to get behind the wheel again (DV relationship, he made me drive, I hit a tree).
    I managed with public transport and walking and the odd lift if the weather was bad but DS3 was hospitalized with RSV at 6wks old and constantly sick after that and it helped me take the first steps to getting my license. I've had my P's for a year and a half now and I'm 30 (today!).
    I'm kicking myself for putting it off for so long now but I needed to do it in my own time I guess.

Glad to hear your back behind the wheel

*the bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal*

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Myztik For This Useful Post:

beebs  (21-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztik View Post
    I was in an accident when I was 15 and was terrified to get behind the wheel again (DV relationship, he made me drive, I hit a tree).
    I managed with public transport and walking and the odd lift if the weather was bad but DS3 was hospitalized with RSV at 6wks old and constantly sick after that and it helped me take the first steps to getting my license. I've had my P's for a year and a half now and I'm 30 (today!).

I'm kicking myself for putting it off for so long now but I needed to do it in my own time I guess.

Glad to hear your back behind the wheel

*the bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal*

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MYZTIK, hope you have a great day

7. The Following User Says Thank You to onionskin For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (22-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohhhh happy 30th!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to thepouts For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (22-04-2013)

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Thanks guys had a quiet but lovely day with family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy birthday!
    I also wanted to post cause my signature finishes yours.

Aww nuts. I thought you only had the first bit. Lol. Well, hooray for mutually good but odd taste in music!

Sent from my HUAWEI-U8850 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't know if this will help anyone here, but my psych got me to do an 'anxiety ladder' for my driving phobia.

Basically you decide on your ultimate goal and put that at the top of the page. Then you work out the steps you need to get there and write these down. You have to do each step till you are 100% happy with it - ie starting to get really bored etc and then move on to the next one.

It's like a graded exposure thing - just a little bit at a time.

Now I just have to find the time to actually do the stuff given my first heap of steps involve driving with DH - DH is always at work till really late these days so I never get to go driving with him. So basically I can't do any of my anxiety ladder.

But I thought I'd post it in case anyone else finds it useful.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to heartstringz For This Useful Post:

FrothyFrog  (23-04-2013)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I spent my whole adult life up until age 29 not driving. I hated not driving. I just never seemed to get around to getting my license etc and was just so used to DH driving us all around that I managed to get by. But when he was working or whatever I had to rely on buses/trains etc and hated that. So as soon as I fell pregnant with DD I went ahead and got finally got my license The sense of freedom and ease it gave me blew me away and I love it.
    I'm still a nervous driver as I've only been driving for just over a year, but I force myself to drive everywhere, in all conditions, as much as it scares me because experience ie everything. Don't let a prang put you off, get back on the horse!