+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DarcyJ, just as an aside. Comfort feeding doesn't always equate to bed sharing. I comfort feed and don't bed share. We have our baby in the room in a Bassinette beside my side of the bed when they're newborns, and when they're out of the Bassinette in their Cot but still in our room.

(Of course if you're wanting to bedshare than this is irrelevant ).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

DarcyJ  (16-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    Hungry, seeking comfort, over tired...whatever. If my dd seemed to be seeking the breast she got it. IMO it all helps to remind her that she is loved and that I am responding ro her needs as and when she needs it. My dd went on to self wean at 20 months and is an affectionate but very independent little human.
    Totally agree with this.
    It worked perfectly for my first 3 babies...
    Number 4 is 3 weeks old and this hasn't worked at all!
    She snack feeds, gets windy/unsettled as she's just had the sugary foremilk.
    She is SUCH a sucky baby and I've had to introduce a dummy as I've decided today that we need to try and go 2 hours during the day to help with her tummy.
    She has projectile vomited from comfort feeding twice now and then unsettled as she's hungry again!
    She is brilliant overnight so because I have 3 other kids I need a teeny tiny bit if feeding structure during the day.
    Whatever works!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

DarcyJ  (16-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just go with what you're comfortable with.

I tend to feed all the time up till bub is 3 months old. After that it got pretty easy to recognize the different types of cries and with that we started to pat to sleep rather than feed to sleep.

It didn't always work though and i totally agree if your bub isn't happy, a Breastfeed will usually do the trick!

Besides, booby feeding is so beautiful, it's just nice to hold your baby in your arms and watch them while they settle. I miss it (time to TTC no 3 I think!)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

DarcyJ  (16-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I demand fed my boys. If I thought they wanted boob they got it.
    We were lucky in that both would feed at night and go back to sleep straight away. Gradually the feeds at night became less. Once I knew feeding overnight was not due to hunger we stopped them and DH went in to settle with patting.
    That being said, if they did not settle with patting, I would give a feed to soothe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    sometimes I still comfort feed myself a bit of chocolate here and there and I'm 34, so I figure my kids are going to want to do the same.
    It's called comfort feeding because it offers them comfort and I see nothing wrong with that, we all want to feel safe and comforted sometimes

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kts For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (17-04-2013)