+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Blanket question?

This is something I've always wondered. DS is a good sleeper now but he still wakes up once a night in order for me to put a few more layers of clothes on him.

See, he goes to bed in a onsie usually. If I put anything more on him he would be sweating. But then half way through the night he obviously cools down and needs a jumper and socks or something over the top.

This totally doesn't bother me but I'm just curious as to how other 2 year old (or babies for that matter!) ever sleep through?? Do they just get put to bed with very warm things on or do they know how to use a blanket if they wake up cold???

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS goes to bed quite warm with heater on if necessary. He has just figured the blanket thing out in the last month or two though (he's 28 mo)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have always kept a heater in my kids rooms until they worked out the whole blanket thing, which was usually about 3-4 years old.

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not my kids but my friend's oldest DD goes to bed with blankets, she's about 2.5. When I babysit her I put her in pjs then a blanket over her and she sleeps through with no dramas.

Sent from my talky stick

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My 26 month old sleeps through.

We are still using Grobags and he still sleeps in a cot.

He sleeps in the appropriate TOG rated bag for whatever time of the year it is, we just adjust his underclothes appropriately to suit the temperature.

Thanks
    Reviews
    my 21mth dd sleeps through but she does get cold. I do nightshift and when I get home I check on her and she's all curled up and cold and I can hear it in her chest when she's had a cold night. I told hubby she has to go to bed in warm clothes from now on...it's hot when she goes to bed so he puts the fan on then turns it off when he goes to bed. She doesn't like blankets, hates her feet covered...none of my kids covered themselves with a blanket until 3 or 4 yrs old.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS is 2.5years and has started sleeping through the night about 4 months ago (woohoo!!!!!!). He goes to bed in pjs and has his doona on. DF or I check the doona is still on when we go to bed and he sleeps through. He does know how to pull his doona back up if it moves off him and he wakes. Could you add an extra blanket when you go to bed?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ill let you know when miss3 decides to sleep through lol she usually kicks all her blankets off & ends up in my bed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FITCHICK View Post
    Ill let you know when miss3 decides to sleep through lol she usually kicks all her blankets off & ends up in my bed
    Exactly this. Blankets never stay on and after I put extra clothes on him he jumps into my bed for the rest of the night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    With my kids if its cold they have winter pjs then ill add a winter body suit or sleeping bag and socks before I go to bed, if I have t put it on before. Heaters are on to take the chill off the rooms though.
    Last edited by ~BEXTER~; 15-04-2013 at 20:20.