+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Contraception

Which contraception did you go on after birth? I need to make a decision and I'm not sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I too have to decide,
    I had the implanon before my sons birth and it was great, I got it again after and it was a lot worse with constant spotting and heavy periods
    So I don't want that again

Mumma to Connor - 25/8/2011
    And bub #2 due - 24/8/2013

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had 2x Implanons before my bub, and another at my 6wk check. So glad I haven't had any dramas - no period/spotting - coz it's the best contraception I've used.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I got the mirena & it sent me crazy...

Gained HEAPS of weight & got cranky for no reason. And NO sex drive.

Got it out after 18mths 10 days ago & I can feel my sex drive returning. Hopefully I'll loose some weight too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am about to have an IUD fitted, not the hormonal mirena but the old copper variety. The pill and other hormonal contraception never agreed with me, sent my moods haywire! My ob/gyn told me they last for up to 5 years and are 99% effective or so. Only about $150.00 too which isnt bad when divided over 5 years, a lot cheaper than the pill / condoms etc! Negative side effects are possibly heavier and more painful periods. Mine always have been any way so will see how I go. On the plus side no hormones to deal with and I can still keep track of what my cycles are doing. I will let you know how I go with it if you like!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got implanon put in at my 6 week check up, so far haven't had any side effects so its working for me!!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app