+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I would be going.

I just tapped in your dates to my app to see hypothetically what would happen if you were actually 3.5 weeks pregnant right now and didnt know! How it would affect September.

Approx 30th September you would be 24 weeks if you were already 3.5 weeks right now!

Assuming the wedding isnt on the last day of September ... Most travel insurances will cover you until 26 weeks pregnant. Dr's Clearances are pending the airlines guidelines but 24 weeks certainly should stop you flying unless you have any dramas.

I flew to LA, Vegas and back again .. whilst pregnant. No dramas Admittedly, not as far as you are flying... but. Still, not your average domestic flight, 13hrs to LA! 9hrs stop over in LA Airport .. no where to sleep. Another 90 min flight to Vegas ... Then when we arrived after being awake over 30 hours straight (add in the additional time it takes to travel to the airport, 3hrs early for an international flight etc) ... They lost our freakin bags and we had no clothes, toiletries etc... We got them in the morning.. but still. All whilst i was pregnant! And extremely crazy by that stage

The above is the best case scenario ... and its STILL possible. If you want to go... id be going. Worse case scenario .. your still trying in September and you can drink everyone under the table

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsR2012 For This Useful Post:

jenjenOo  (10-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsR2012 View Post
    I would be going.

I just tapped in your dates to my app to see hypothetically what would happen if you were actually 3.5 weeks pregnant right now and didnt know! How it would affect September.

Approx 30th September you would be 24 weeks if you were already 3.5 weeks right now!

Assuming the wedding isnt on the last day of September ... Most travel insurances will cover you until 26 weeks pregnant. Dr's Clearances are pending the airlines guidelines but 24 weeks certainly should stop you flying unless you have any dramas.

I flew to LA, Vegas and back again .. whilst pregnant. No dramas Admittedly, not as far as you are flying... but. Still, not your average domestic flight, 13hrs to LA! 9hrs stop over in LA Airport .. no where to sleep. Another 90 min flight to Vegas ... Then when we arrived after being awake over 30 hours straight (add in the additional time it takes to travel to the airport, 3hrs early for an international flight etc) ... They lost our freakin bags and we had no clothes, toiletries etc... We got them in the morning.. but still. All whilst i was pregnant! And extremely crazy by that stage

The above is the best case scenario ... and its STILL possible. If you want to go... id be going. Worse case scenario .. your still trying in September and you can drink everyone under the table
    Haha you made me laugh. Thanks so much for knocking up a hypothetical scenario. It definately helped me understand just what it could be like..

That being said, after only BDing once around O day, my chances are minimal. If I do indeed fall before we go, I just hope morning sickness isn't hanging around.
    I'm not the best flyer (usually knock myself out with valium which, I couldn't do if I was utd!!! Eeeeep). I guess it's in the hands of the gods!!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Judt booked.
    I have a headache from freaking out about the cost. Just over 10k
    Holy hell!
    I need a drink! :beer:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Might be the best thing for you!! You may get a holiday baby

I'm 26.5 weeks and just came back from Fiji. Not quite the distance to Austria but i've been flying for work (Admittedly only 3 times with another trip next week) throughout the pregnancy and has been fine. the only issue now is the need to use the bathroom more often then not, or if bub is lying in an awkward position. If you are lucky enough to fall pregnant between now and then, just chat with your OB before you go.. depending on what trimester you.. ie first trimester just be a bit more conscious of any implant or other bleeding. I had spotting 3 times in first trimester which i freaked out about. The only problem with that if it happens on the flight you might be freaking out a bit (also check what blood group you are too) I'm negative which is rare so chances are my husband and bub are positive blood group which means i need anti-d injections for any bleeding as a precaution. Lots of info but i'm sure you'll be fine and the trip will definitely be worth it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kt1310 For This Useful Post:

jenjenOo  (20-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for your advice, some stuff I didn't think about.
    I was thinking of stopping ttc for 2 months just incase. I'd hate to ruin the experience for DP

Just not sure about that part.
    It'd be ttc cycle 7... thought I'd be utd by now so I'm not liking wasting opportunities!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hubby and I were trying for 7 months. We fell pregnant the month we went on holidays at O time. I think it was because I was truly relaxed and distracted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    Hubby and I were trying for 7 months. We fell pregnant the month we went on holidays at O time. I think it was because I was truly relaxed and distracted.
    Sounds perfect! Congrats!!
    Unfortunately, my o will be before we fly out but, maybe the vibe will carry through until my o when we're back! Lol