+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    All 6 of mine where fed to sleep while we co slept. Then we moved on to laying bed for a story or two and gentle goodnight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DD is 12 months and has no self settling techniques at all! If I put her down in her cot even for a second she in historics... our fault really.
    So I give her some boob or cows milk (we're in between weaning) and then cuddle her till she falls asleep in my arms, if she's having a hard time and is fussy we put her in her rocker and she dozes off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son is just over one. Our routine is to pop him in his gro bag. His room is dark & we have the radio on in the background. He sometimes just goes into cot awake and then goes to sleep ( sometimes need his bum patted).

If not too sleepy or teething with give him an extra cuddle or rock ( in the dark) and then put into cot. Having the routine really helped, but it took a few weeks to get into practise & like I said if teething sometimes the routine goes out the window for they night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS is 6 months old and up until 3 weeks ago he would not sleep unless I rocked & patted him to sleep.

Then all of a sudden one day he started screaming whenever I tried to rock him!! We do bath, book, bottle and then if he hasn't fallen asleep during bottle (i sit in our rocking chair and rock), he lies down on my bed with me next to him, his blanket and a dummy and puts himself to sleep by pulling the blanket over his face and rubbing it up and down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS has a bottle and watches In The Night Garden. I pick him up, put him in his gro bag, he puts his dummy in, cover him in a blanket, I walk out and

Sometimes he needs a bottle to sleep and sometimes not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 13mnth old ds is put in his gro bag, has some cows milk in his dark room on the rocker & a cuddle with mummy then I pop him into the cot to fall asleep. He's usually asleep anywhere from 1-20mins after but never cries just gets comfy in the cot usually rolls onto his tummy & drifts off.

Wasn't always that easy tho. It's been a hard ride to get to that, at night I'm super lucky he mostly self settles but day sleeps are a different story!
    I know I have to get rid of the milk before each nap but dreading ruining the routine.. I do half cows milk half water tho to make sure he has the right amount of milk per day

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 6 month old is wrapped in her gro bag and put in her cot awake then dummy in and she will put her right arm over her head like she is covering her face with her hand and fall asleep straight away. Sometimes she will talk and play with her dummy but as soon as her hand is over her face she will fall asleep. She used to be in love to dream swaddles until 5 months so I think she like her arms and hands near her face. Also I have white noise in the back ground.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My first fed to sleep until 3 years old.

My second I fed to sleep until about 12 months and then I got her to self settle (my own version of controlled comforting I suppose). She's 18 months and I basically just put her in her sleeping bag, kiss and cuddle her goodnight, put her down, say goodnight and walk out. Most nights she goes to sleep without a peep, sometimes she's a bit chatty and talks until she drifts off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We put DD 15mths in the bath, then milk, play/read in her room with us/me then cuddle and straight into her sleeping bag in the cot, goodnight and turn out the light.

It takes a good 20mins for her to wind down and she just talks to her comforter teddy until she drifts off.... Lately she is standing on her head (as such) but eventually wares herself out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My son is 7 months tomorrow, and I try and feed him to sleep, but about 1/3 of the time, he will still be awake after feeding, so I pop the dummy in and give him a tight cuddle and he drifts off. We co-sleep as well.