+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Proud Mumma - It's awful how confusing our cycles can be with PCOS, trying to track things myself at the moment, but actually fear there is actually nothing to track. Hope everything settles down.

Love_Monkey_Heart - Nice to hear of someone else from my previous thread from ttc last time, (would also like to know your previous name out of interest lol!) goes to show how worthwhile this journey can be and how precious the gift at the end is seen as we are all here for a second time round knowing we have pcos and have a difficult journey ahead. I was very similar to yourself first time round and was no where near ovulating on clomid so definitely think it will be worthwhile asking for FSH injections straight away, only issue I have is that we go away at the end of July for a week so will be hard to track the cycle so may have to put it on hold. Good luck with this cycle, hope a little bub settles in soon .

Love_Monkey_Heart is offline Blessed with a very cheeky Monkey!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was sammy87 before

Heyside - I can't see why your FS would have an issue with you starting FSH straight away as it's obvious clomid doesn't work. The way my FS explained it to me is that clomid gets the brain to send a message to the ovary to grow an egg. He said with people like me and you there is a breakdown in that message getting from the brain to the ovaries. FSH is injected into the area so there is no way that message will get lost lol. Hmm going away for a week may make it hard especially it that's around the time it all begins to happen.
    Last edited by Love_Monkey_Heart; 09-06-2013 at 21:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heyside: I know what you mean.... I've had shorter cycles lately so I'm going to track like I'm ovulating. ..cause I don't know if I am and with pcos u can have a more longet luteal phase so opk's can be misleading. ..so incase I do ovulate will try and bd when I think it might happen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love_Monkey_Heart - Yeah I remember you , going straight to FSH makes sense to me just wasn't sure initially if we would have to try clomid again due to PBS rules of medication but great that that's not the case. Can't wait for my appointment next week now, if that's what we decide though will then have to be sent to fertility clinic my FS is linked with so will have to wait for another appointment (which hopefully won't be too long). Will then have to decide what to do with us going away.

ProudMumma - Sounds like a good idea to track and hopefully you can detect if something happens - fingers crossed for you
    happen[/QUOTE]

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well today is a good day for me Scan revealed one big fat 24mm follicle!! Woot! Bloods all came back perfect, lining looks great. They thought I might O on my own, but I had the trigger shot this arvo just to be sure! Bloods on Friday to check that I did actually O. Teensy bit excited! Must not get too hopeful...

Feeling a bit like a bus has hit me tonight. Anyone else get side effects from pregnyl?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow! Good luck violet hope! Maybe you might have the chance if twins!!

Today had been a crappy day for me. Had fresh blood and a bit of what looked like a clot today when I wiped in the toilet. Sooo worried that something is wrong. I know my hormone imbalance can cause this but I've never had it like this before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Violethope - Great news about the follicle, fingers crossed you catch it

ProundMumma - Thinking of you hun, this journey is just so hard , don't think the worst though and worry that something is wrong. Are you actually seeing anyone at the moment who you could speak to and ask their advice?

Love_Monkey_Heart is offline Blessed with a very cheeky Monkey!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yay great news Violet

Proudmumma - agree with heyside. Is there anyone you can check for advice?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My usual gp is away for 8 wks but she can't do much. When I had probs a few months ago she sent 2 referrals 1 month apart to the women's hospital I go to and they never even got back to me or brought my appt forward. She even sent my ultrasound results showing a very thickened endometrial lining and still nothing. Tried to get an earlier appt this week but can't till next week. I was already going there to the gynae clinic there already.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear things are not so great ProudMumma. I'm on my phone, so not too sure of your history, but would you have access to a private fertility clinic? I have found them to be MUCH more helpful than a gyn. I wasted so much time first time around waiting for appointments, tests etc. Fertility clinics can do all the same tests but usually a lot quicker. Plus their goal is to get you utd as quickly as possible and ensure it'll be viable.
    Good luck xo