+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyside View Post
    Violethope - when I was successful with injections last time I started on a dose of 75 which was then increased to 100 and finally 125, they are going to start on the same dose this time and see what happens, I had two follies at the time which were triggered but we only caught the one.

Ladydee - Would be nice to be cycle buddies, hopefully the nurse has some other ideas about my cycle so we can start next week as planned.

Chunkydunks - Good luck with the appointment on Monday and hope things settle down in your job.

Hoping - sorry to hear you have been part of a group of awful women (is that an infertility group you meet in person?) Sounds like it is stress you could do without

Nah it's a group that the local health nurse's do for new parents. Cooper is one of the oldest in the group and its been competition since day one, he is the only one not walking and they make me feel so bad about it! But I'm so glad he isn't walking yet! He gets into enough as it is

Violet sooooo happy for you!!
    I'm so jealous of all the babydust around even in my due in group from ds there are lots!!

👪 Cooper 8/6/12 - lovingly welcomed after 3 years TTC

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lemonpancakes - So sorry to hear about your latest clomid cycle , hopefully the injections work better for you though. You seem to be in a similar position to me about deciding to go ahead next month as well, might be nice to relax and enjoy the holiday and forget about all the ttc before you start a cycle of injections. Hope you make a decision that you are happy with.

Proudmumma - sorry to hear you had a bad appointment, this ttc can get us all down at times big hugs hun

Hoping - Oh I know how those groups can be, why do some parents feel they have the right to compare little ones so much, DD was a little later crawling and walking too! When some of the other little ones had started to walk I was told "I bet your little one wont walk until she nearly one and a half as she crawled late" WTF it had to do with them I don't know!!!!! Anyway needless to say, I don't see that group of mums anymore, luckily I had two groups I was connected with. Each child develops differently and has there own strengths, my DD has excellent language skills and is saying so much for her age, she must have been taking so much in as she sat and observed a lot of what was going on around her. It's hard really as sometimes as mums we are thrown together with a group of women we have nothing in common with at all just because our bubs are similar ages. Sorry rant over, sometimes things like this just get me so riled up!!!

AFM - We have decided to put off the injections for a month to make sure that DH is here as he has to travel with work next month. I was a little upset about the decision yesterday but I know its the right thing to do and we are not in a huge rush and its only a month to wait again so I will continue on the pill again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone I'm new here.

I have PCOS and have been ttc for almost 2yrs. I was on injections for a few months but the stress after a while got to much. Went back to my doctor but instead of doing injections again she just wanted me to have regular blood tests, which felt like going backwards.

I am about to try Chinese medicine has anyone else tried it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Legna43va, I haven't tried chinese medicine myself but hope it works well for you . Did the dctr notice anything from your regular blood tests? Are you ovulating?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Legna43va View Post
    Hi everyone I'm new here.

I have PCOS and have been ttc for almost 2yrs. I was on injections for a few months but the stress after a while got to much. Went back to my doctor but instead of doing injections again she just wanted me to have regular blood tests, which felt like going backwards.

I am about to try Chinese medicine has anyone else tried it?
    Welcome Legna I tried 7 months with a Fertility Naturopath (Sharky's) and drank lots and lots of this really yuk herbal-drink concoction as well as taking lots of Chinese herbal vitamin supplements but it never made me ovulate or therefore fall pregnant :-( I did however talk to lots of women who it did work for including two of my close friends who I suggested this Naturopath to before I had started TTC. One of them discovered she ovulated way to early so after 3 months drinking her herbal-yuckiness, started ovulating on cycle day 9 and got pregnant strait away (after TTC for 12 months on their own) she doesn't have PCOS though. I guess it depends on how severe your PCOS is. They kept trying to treat me for Thyroid problems which didn't help me at all. I also found basal body temping very stressful and unreliable for a PCOS cycle which is what they relied on to mix up the herbal concoction. I also had months and months of weekly acupuncture which I really don't believe helped me fall pregnant with my DD but definitely DID help with stress and made my sciatic-nerve pain completely disappear. I remember several times walking in to my acupuncturist nearly crying with stress and grief over yet ANOTHER failed cycle, I'd end up walking out of there and getting in my car with a stupid HUGE grin on my face and feeling totally happy and "at peace" with the world and my TTC journey....as totally weird as that sounds.....ha ha ha. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you ladydee
    I have also had to go through the yucky tasting stuff before. I couldn't drink it with water I had to drink it with soft drink to help with the taste lol.

It will be nice to have a little less stress while going through all of this. I have been ttc for 18 month with no luck at all and I have a friend at work that went around and told everyone that she had PCOS and would never have children. 3 months later she tells me that she is pregnant and all I wanted to do was cry.

Are you on any medication now that has been working better for you ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Welcome Legna. I hope you get your bfp soon.

How are we all ladies?

I ended up going to the gp on thursday. I'll be starting on diabex again when af arrives (my choice in timing because I want to be 100% sure I'm not utd. I'm only 99.99999% sure at the moment). DH has to do an SA. Oh ain't he looking forward to that. He had to laugh when the lady at the path ology place said there was a "tick and flick" how to page of instructions DH also has to have testosterone gel. Only problem with that is because is LH levels are normal we don't qualify for it being a PBS script. $95 a month We're seeing if there are other ways to increase it that might be cheaper. But his levels are at 3.2 as of last blood test in July. It's not only a worry for ttc but also many other things including bone density and energy levels. Oh the joins of long term analgesic use.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all for welcoming me
    I really appreciate being able to read all your stories. It has helped me a lot knowing that there are others willing to be so open about ttc and the struggle that comes with it.
    I wish you all luck and a BFP someday. I can't wait for that day to come to me

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Legna43va For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (27-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Legna43va View Post
    Thank you ladydee
    I have also had to go through the yucky tasting stuff before. I couldn't drink it with water I had to drink it with soft drink to help with the taste lol.

It will be nice to have a little less stress while going through all of this. I have been ttc for 18 month with no luck at all and I have a friend at work that went around and told everyone that she had PCOS and would never have children. 3 months later she tells me that she is pregnant and all I wanted to do was cry.

Are you on any medication now that has been working better for you ?
    Legna - I haven't got back into getting any acupuncture this time around but I really should as its the best thing I've ever found for stress....well, apart from a nice big glass of red but that's no help when you're making babies! That's amazing that that girl at your work got UTD so quick.....whyyyyy does it have to be so darn hard for the rest of us?!!! Maybe she was trying for longer but hasn't told anyone??
    I never bothered with the herbs this second time around and even though my head told me "no", my heart wanted to believe every (fertile) person who told me that now that my body knew what it had to do to grow my daughter, I would fall pregnant a lot easier next time around. Pffftt.....after 7 months of not not trying (which is code for "trying" but doing my best not to put pressure on myself) it was time to bring in the big guns and get some help from my FS. Enough is enough...I refuse to waste another huge chunk of my life in TTC land again (ha! Like I have a choice!). So yup, I'm on FSH injections with IUI. First cycle was a dud (4 small follicles instead of 1 big one) and so I've just finished Provera yesterday and am waiting for AF to appear to get started injecting again from CD2. If I over stimulate again this cycle, it will be onto IVF for me.
    With my DD we tried several months on our own, 7 months with that fertility naturopath, started weekly acupuncture after finally being diagnosed with PCOS, 6 months on clomid (last 4 months on Metformin) and finally, FINALLY fell pregnant with my daughter on my second round of FSH with IUI....which was one cycle before IVF Just under two years of TTC.
    I think you said you tried a few months of injections...was that FSH? IVF?? What worked for your first bub?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunkydunks View Post
    Welcome Legna. I hope you get your bfp soon.

How are we all ladies?

I ended up going to the gp on thursday. I'll be starting on diabex again when af arrives (my choice in timing because I want to be 100% sure I'm not utd. I'm only 99.99999% sure at the moment). DH has to do an SA. Oh ain't he looking forward to that. He had to laugh when the lady at the path ology place said there was a "tick and flick" how to page of instructions DH also has to have testosterone gel. Only problem with that is because is LH levels are normal we don't qualify for it being a PBS script. $95 a month We're seeing if there are other ways to increase it that might be cheaper. But his levels are at 3.2 as of last blood test in July. It's not only a worry for ttc but also many other things including bone density and energy levels. Oh the joins of long term analgesic use.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Chunkyducks- yay for something new happening for you guys I hope you find a way to get it cheaper, fx! I can totally tell when a guy is dropping off his semen sample from the moment he walks into my clinic....they all have the "world please swallow me up right now" look about them! ha ha....if your DH is brave enough not to make you drop it off for him, tell him the Path Collector is probably so unaffected by what type if sample he's dropping off that she's actually thinking about what she's going to cook for dinner that night Good luck with it all...it's exciting when you get to try new stuff, could be just what you need to get a bubba in your belly!