+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 46 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My appointment went well yesterday and we can get started on the injections as soon as a few tests are completed included blood tests for myself and dh and a sperm analysis for DH. I have also started the pill today to hopefully bring down lh which at the moment is sky high, so hopefully can start injecting this time next month . Hope everyone else is well

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Chunkydunks  (07-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey Ladies....mind if I join you? Can't even believe I'm back on the fertility roller-coaster but here I am.....CD20 of my first FSH (50 dosage) with IUI cycle for bub number 2. This cycle isn't going so well and I have to admit I'm quite nervous about it all and hoping I'm still tough enough to handle all the bumps that come along with infertility and PCOS. I have an adorable 17 month old girl who is the love of mine and my hubby's life but it's time to try and give her a brother or sister I guess! Have been trying....well not NOT trying since January but no luck so here I am.

Lovely to see a familiar name....Violet, do you remember me? Hello! :-)

Looking forward to getting to know you all.....couldn't have got through the 16 months of trying for my daughter without my fellow Bub Hubbers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Laydee...hope ur journey is really short second time round!

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heyside, so glad your appointment went well. Hope this month goes quickly whilst you wait to start treatment!

Ladydee!!!!! You're back! Of course I remember you! Welcome How's your little girl? My DS is 16 months now, I feel so lucky to have him. But like you, I'm desperate to give him a sibling.

I hope this cycle does it for you. I'm on CD16, so we are cycling close by Why are you not feeling positive? Did something go wrong? Huge luck to you xo

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Violethope For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (08-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies can I join you here?

I'm TTC number 2 and am on my 7th clomid cycle. Saw my doc today and she said if it doesn't work this month we'll switch to injections next cycle (Gonal F...is that the FSH you girls refer to? I haven't looked into it all yet). Doc sent me home with so many instructions its doing my head in.

I conceived my 2 year old DD quite quickly on clomid and metformin so I was surprised its taking so long this time. 9 months of trying so far.

Anyone care to share advice on the injections? Are there any side effects? I think I'll be starting on a dose of 37.5?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladydee - welcome to the thread, when you say this FSH cycle isn't going too well do you mean are you not seeing good follicle growth? Hope it works out well for you hun, I know it can get very frustrating at times.

Lemonpancakes - welcome to the thread, hang on in there, sounds like you have been through a lot already to get where you are now. I will be starting FSH injections soon too after I do a month back on the pill, thats how I conceived DD last time round so it definately does work for girls where clomid has failed. Have you been ovulating on clomid at all? Yes Gonal F is FSH although I will be using Puregon injections. The injections are not as bad as people first think and are easy to do using a simple pen where you set the dose required.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lemonpancakes, welcome Yes, Gonal F is a brand of FSH (follicle stimulating hormone). There are a couple if brands, but they do the same thing. Mine is called Puregon. I also have had failed clomid cycles in the past. We conceived my DS on our first FSH cycle in 2011 after many other treatments failed. It is a much more direct route to ovulation than clomid is. Will you be closely monitored? It can be tricky to get the dose right when you start. 37.5 is the lowest dose. They will probably start you on that and then slowly increase until your body responds. My dose is 100, but when I started in 2011, they had me on 75. I didn't respond to clomid at all, so they didn't bother with the lower dose. I'm currently on my third round, but I have been successfully ovulating, just not lucky enough to fertilise an egg yet.

As for side effects, it can vary. I found FSH to be gentler than clomid. I get a bit tired, but nothing much else. The injections don't hurt, you may get the occasional one that stings a little, but that might mean you need to adjust your technique a bit, or try a different spot. When I first started FSH, I injected for 14 days until I was ready to O. On this cycle, I only injected for 9 days and I was ready. It might be longer for you as this is your first try. Some ladies can inject for up to a month, or so I've heard.

I hope this has helped. Try not to worry, it isn't as bad as it sounds. Hopefully for you, after so many clomid cycles, this will be a breath of fresh air! Huge luck to you! Feel free to ask ANY questions, always happy to help There are a few of us here now who will be doing injections, so lots of friendly support!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Proudmumma, I hope you get your little miracle very soon

Violet, I've had a chance to read back a little on this thread and see that you've already o'd.....you're having a lot better cycle than me, hopefully this is you're time so you can put this infertility business behind you x

Lemon- Violet covered exactly what I think/feel about FSH. I'll share my cycle so far so you get an idea of what goes on. I'm a bit rusty on it all but I was told first time around that you're aiming for an ideal Oestrogen blood result of about 1000 per follicle and a follicle size of about 20 (though I think the min is around 16/17) and a lining thickness of at least 7/8mm to make it less likely to miscarriage. I found it much much better than Clomid but I know others have had a lot better luck on it than me.....I was on Clomid for about 5 months first time around but only O'd once. Was blessed with my daughter on my second cycle of FSH with IUI. Wishing you the best of luck

Hi Heyside - I've turned 33 this year also and my FS has already reminded me that I'm older now so it could be affecting my longer cycle this time.....sheesh, way to make me feel old! Ha ha. How long do you have to take the Pill, do you know? Hopefully you get to get started soon

AFM - My cycle isn't going so well and my body is being very stubborn but I get to increase my dose as of tomorrow so hopefully that gets thing moving along.....My FS says he's still optimistic but I personally this this cycle is a bust....or if I'm being more positive, may be its just a warm up to a better-chance cycle next month..... :-I

20/7 - CD2 - 50 FSH/day
    30/7 - CD12- Oest=199
    02/8 - CD15- Oest=182 (Lining=8mm, no dominant follie)
    05/8 - CD18- Oest=220
    08/ 8- CD21- Oest=? Still waiting (2 x 10mm follies in the same ovary)
    Starting higher dose of FSH tomorrow morning......

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

Violethope  (08-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ladydee - Nice that our FS make us feel so old isn't it lol! Have you had an AHM test to see what is going on with your egg supply, although most pcos ladies have a high reading, I thought that this was one positive with level of 109 but have heard that the quality of the eggs is maybe not as good with our age, my fs seems to think we are not in too much of a rush though. Good news that your dose is being increased hopefully you see some action, I had very long cycles last time and had increase the dose a lot, that's why they are planning on starting me at 75mg this time. As far as I know at the moment I only need to take the pill for a month and hopefully my lh will be lower but who knows they might try me for another month if nothing happens , I do know that my Lh was very high last time and we just had to work with it.
    Last edited by Heyside; 08-08-2013 at 12:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Naa Heyside, we're still a pair of young spring chickens...ha ha. I did have a AHM test while trying to pregnant with my DD but I can't remember what I was at then and I guess it'd have to be a bit worse now. It was apparently a great result back in....2010?? I had a Oestrogen blood test today which came back as 236 and I was 220 on Monday so yeah....not much happening at all. Two follies but only measuring at a measly 10mms each. Did you get pregnant last time with a cycle that had to have some increases or one that started out high from the get go? I can't see how I really have a chance until next cycle but I guess this one is the test to see what dose my body needs. I'm also on Metformin but a lesser dose than last time so maybe that's making a difference also? Has your FS explained how a high LH result affects you TTC? Obviously in a bad way but, does it prevent your follies growing or....?

Do you any of you ladies work?? The main thing I'm finding stressful this cycle is trying to get all of my blood tests and ultrasounds around work and failing in not having to ask for too much time off. My daughter has bad asthma and I have to have a lot of time off work anyway as whenever she gets a cold, we end up in hospital for a few days so if it takes a few months for me to get UTD, I might even have to miss out on maternity pay this time around and just quit :-(