+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My Ds is 13 months, he was conceived with IUI.
    I currently have Mirena in and am having talks with hubby about #2.
    I've spoken to me ob and she has said once I get Mirena out she will put me on high dosage metformin and if I'm not UTD in 3 months we will re-asses.
    Has anyone else been told this?
    My ovaries are still riddled with cysts

👪 Cooper 8/6/12 - lovingly welcomed after 3 years TTC

Thanks
    Reviews
    CD: can't imagine how that would feel when your child asks that question. He asks it innocently too. Don't let it get you down. Not like your preventing it like taking birth control. I hope your able to start getting tests going next week. My husband doesn't want to get his hopes up so he doesn't say anything much in terms of it not happening month especially with irregular cycles. But I know he wants another one deep down. I was commenting about going on holidays at the end of next year as we have a money box for it and I was asking where he would like to go and he said he'd rather another kid

Heyside: can't believe that someone would actually say that to someone and in front of a big crowd!!! How incredibly insensitive!!! Says alot about someone. The person that said that stuff to me was sadly a family member!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hoping...no idea sorry. I take metformin for insulin resistance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

It sounds as though you guys have also met some pretty insensitive people!
    For those that are on metformin and ttc - my doctor said she wouldn't start me on it while ttc. My ovaries are cystic at the moment and I've been low-gi everything, no sugar, no dairy for a month and a half, clomid and still nothing. Have just begun on our sixth month since mc. How does the metformin help one to conceive? Just wondering - still learning.
    Thank you,
    LT.

Forgot to say - yes, I also have insulin resistance and have a BMI around 22-23. Work out everyday (well, except for Friday as I was too cranky and sore that AF had come on Thursday)
    Last edited by Little Ted; 30-06-2013 at 12:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Love_Monkey_Heart View Post
    It could be a major coincidence but this is what I think(for me anyway). My very first FSH cycle which I fell pregnant with DS I actually started to ovulate all by myself without the trigger. I still did the trigger basically just as a booster but really didn't need it. My first cycle this time around I didn't ovulate by myself and they give me the trigger = BFN. Second go this time around and I started ovulating by myself again.... same as before still did the trigger as a booster. So for me I think that my body just doesn't know how to grow the follicle but once it has a follicle at the right size it takes over and knows what to do. I even said to DH when we had to do the trigger to ovulate that I wondered if it would have an effect. Obviously for some women they don't ovulate on their own so therefore will need a trigger for a BFP but maybe my body doesn't like it?? I don't know but that is just my experience..... as I said it could just be a coincidence??

I also started my additional vitamin B tablets that I take on my second cycle this time. Although with DS I didn;t start taking them until after I found out I was UTD so don't think that was really a factor.
    Wow, that's so strange! Sounds like I might be the opposite. When I got UTD with DS, I had the trigger when my follie was 21mm, it didn't look like I'd O on my own. This time around, I had to wait an extra day for a scan because of a public holiday, and my follie was 24mm, they thought I'd O on my own and had me do pregnyl as a boost = BFN. Thanks for the feedback though, it makes me wonder if that extra day was the problem for me. I'm hopeful that this one is better timed...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi hoping28, I have never been told that myself but I suppose I decided myself to take a very similar approach, I started a low gi diet at the beginning of the year and came off the pill at the end of February after seeing my doctor who put me on Metformin. I stayed on the met alone to see if it did anything to my hormones and helped me to ovulate without having to take any other fertility drugs. During the past 4 months I have been taking met my doctor has kept a close eye on my cycle with a 21 day progesterone blood test to see if I have been ovulating, maybe ask your doctor if he will do the same for you. The met alone hasn't helped me however and I have not ovulated for 4 months so have taken steps last month to improve my chances.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ProudMumma - I don't think my friend meant it the way it sounded and she probably doesn't even remember the comment but it really hurt me at the time and I cried all the way home. Does your family member know the difficulty you had last time ttc?

LittleTed - You sound very dedicated to the low gi diet and fitness (well done you), I try to stick to it as best I can but sometimes find it very confusing and after 6 months of the diet have some lapse days . My Ob seems to think the low gi diet and met wont be of much help to me as I am not insulin resistant and have a BMI of 20 but I have read lots of research which show it can still help and actually have to say I find the met helps some of my other symptoms such as acne so has to be doing something. I think with insulin resistant women it lowers the amount of insulin in the body which sometimes can be the cause of the hormone inbalance. The link below shows some good info on met, hope it helps. http://www.jarrettfertility.com/PCOS...nt handout.pdf
    Last edited by Heyside; 01-07-2013 at 15:34.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (01-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyside View Post
    ProudMumma - I don't think my friend meant it the way it sounded and she probably doesn't even remember the comment but it really hurt me at the time and I cried all the way home. Does your family member know the difficulty you had last time ttc?

LittleTed - You sound very dedicated to the low gi diet and fitness (well done you), I try to stick to it as best I can but sometimes find it very confusing and after 6 months of the diet have some lapse days . Some women with pcos are told to go on low gi diets to help insulin resistance and loose weight, however I am not insulin resistant or over weight and have a BMI of 20 which the doctors seem happy with. My Ob seems to think the low gi diet and met wont be of much help to me but I have done lots of research which show it can still help 'thin' cysters and actually have to say I find the met helps some of my other symptoms such as acne so has to be doing something. The link below shows some good info on met, hope it helps. http://www.jarrettfertility.com/PCOS...nt handout.pdf
    Thank you so much for the info. It's funny actually - my fs said that he would normally prescribe it, but because I have a normal BMI, he said he would not, but then my doctor who knows me a little better, says that she would prescribe it knowing how hard I work to keep the weight off, but not whilst TTC.

Wow - finally got through all the info. It sounds like metformin should be safe and preferable in first 12 weeks to lower chances of mc according to them. I wonder why my doctor said no whilst TTC.
    Last edited by Little Ted; 01-07-2013 at 15:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Violethope - Goos luck with cycle 2 of injections AFM - Waiting for af so I can start cycle of letrozole. Sorry for numerous replies, reply box won't let me write too much for some reason lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    Thank you so much for the info. It's funny actually - my fs said that he would normally prescribe it, but because I have a normal BMI, he said he would not, but then my doctor who knows me a little better, says that she would prescribe it knowing how hard I work to keep the weight off, but not whilst TTC.

Wow - finally got through all the info. It sounds like metformin should be safe and preferable in first 12 weeks to lower chances of mc according to them. I wonder why my doctor said no whilst TTC.
    I have never heard of not being prescribed it whilst ttc, most people start using it whilst ttc, would be worth asking why. When I was ttc DD I was put onto it at the start of my third cycle of clomid and through my FSH injections and then my OB took me off it. If I am successful this time though I would like to stay on it though as my acne was awful through my pregnancy and I have also read it can help with the production of milk in PCOS women (I was unable to breast feed DD due a few reasons but also due to lack of supply).