+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry to hear that chunkydunks, sometimes we know deep down that we haven't been successful, hard for our partners to go through this with us as well isn't it, hang on in there hopefully next month will be your turn. Are you sure you are ovulating, I know you get periods each month but just wondered if you have been checked for ovulation?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Proudmumma the last time I took provera af turned up two days later, I take my last pill tomorrow so hoping it turns up either Tuesday or Wednesday. I have heard it can take longer though and any time upto 10 days after last pill.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    I haven't had any tests other than hcg for a long time. I know the chances of me not ovulating are low and chances of dh shooting blanks are high so we need to get tge tests done. Easier said than done with my work schedule. I never know when I'm going to get the time to go to the Dr. I also need to see a gyno because I haven't basically since I was diagnosed 6 years ago.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Chunkydunks; 29-06-2013 at 09:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's hard working all the tests around a difficult work schedule I sympathise with you there as that's how I was last time we were ttc, finding it easier this time as I am a stay at home mum and now having to work out how to cope with appointments and taking DD with me lol! Hopefully you manage to organise something if that's the route you decide to take Chunkydunks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    I think I just have to bite the bullet and go in with dh on tuesday. My bosses are pretty good about time off for those sort of things but it means less money at the end of the week and that's why I've been putting it off. It's just getting to a point where it happening wothout some sort of help is unlikely. I thought losing weight would help with my cycles but then this sort of thing happens. Af still hasn't shown up.

Love_Monkey_Heart is offline Blessed with a very cheeky Monkey!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Violethope View Post

I have a question for Love_Monkey_Heart, if you're still reading this thread! When your first cycle failed this time around, did you do anything different for the next one?
    Last time my first FSH cycle was the one that worked, so I'm left wondering what was different this time... I know it is probably just luck! I'm such a control freak, I want to know why it didn't work!
    It could be a major coincidence but this is what I think(for me anyway). My very first FSH cycle which I fell pregnant with DS I actually started to ovulate all by myself without the trigger. I still did the trigger basically just as a booster but really didn't need it. My first cycle this time around I didn't ovulate by myself and they give me the trigger = BFN. Second go this time around and I started ovulating by myself again.... same as before still did the trigger as a booster. So for me I think that my body just doesn't know how to grow the follicle but once it has a follicle at the right size it takes over and knows what to do. I even said to DH when we had to do the trigger to ovulate that I wondered if it would have an effect. Obviously for some women they don't ovulate on their own so therefore will need a trigger for a BFP but maybe my body doesn't like it?? I don't know but that is just my experience..... as I said it could just be a coincidence??

I also started my additional vitamin B tablets that I take on my second cycle this time. Although with DS I didn;t start taking them until after I found out I was UTD so don't think that was really a factor.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Love_Monkey_Heart For This Useful Post:

Violethope  (30-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Was told today that my son needed a play mate. So I said I'll go buy one tomorrow for him. Then I was told that if you leave it too long then he won't want to play with him/her! !! This coming from someone who has a 7 year age gap between her kids and who choose to start having kids 10 years after marriage!! She wanted to pay off her mortgage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Feeling a bit deflated about it all today like I'm ready to just give up on it all tbh. I'm trying to stay patient and not be ungrateful for what I have. Just feel such a failure that missing a period doesn't mean pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hugs PM. I definitely know the feeling. DS is 9 so I'm constantly asked if he's the only one or if we'll have more. The comments about having more and the age gap started at our wedding. He was 18 months old. What cuts deeper is when DS says he wants someone to play with and asks why he doesn't have a brother or sister

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chunkydunks - I know that feeling was really hoping this time I would ovulate on my own if I started a low gi diet and metformin before coming off the pill and that didn't happen so had to admit to myself that help was needed, my doctor had been trying to tell me this was likely for a few months. Good luck for Tuesday if you do decide to go to the doctor, think positive at least you will be one step nearer to getting your BFP.

ProudMumma - I can't believe how some people just don't think what they are saying! I remember so many people asking similar questions to us last time we were ttc, one of my friends when she announced she was pregnant actually said in a loud voice across the room "so sorry to say you guys are the only friends in our group without a child now". Thinking about that comment still hurts me to this day. Do your friends know you had a difficult time ttc no.1? Try to ignore other people and their tactless comments (easier said then done I know), definitely don't give up, just remember when your baby does come along he/she will mean even more to you due to this difficult journey.