+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week

Default TTC #2 with PCOS

I was diagnosed with PCOS about 6 years ago now and DH and I haven't used protection since DS (who is nearly 9) was about 18 months old. I've had one confirmed miscarriage and at least 1 unconfirmed. There have been times where we've charted and done all sorts of things to try and improve our chances of getting a BFP but more often than not we just found it all too stressful and went back to "if it happens it happens" mode. With moving around and living with family for some time this just seemed to be the easiest thing anyway.

My last cycle has been a bit mixed up and resulted in me seeing my GP to work out WTF was going on. One of the first things she asked me was if I'd done a HPT. To be honest it wasn't something I'd thought of because I had what I thought was AF. Yes it was weird but it was a bleed. I've had weird AF's before and just thought it was another one but it got scary and when it stopped after 2 weeks (yep 2 weeks of AF....not the first time that's happened) and I was still getting pain/discomfort I thought it was time to get it checked out. Anyway, she sent me off for an urgent beta HCG blood test. That was Wednesday afternoon. I didn't get a chance to call back that day, Thursday was a public holiday here and she doesn't work on Friday's so I've had to wait all this time and I will finally find out the results of that test tomorrow morning.

I'm so trying not to let my head run away with the thought that I may be pregnant. I want nothing more than for it to be the case but I'm also very aware that the chances are slim, even though I have lost 12kg and they say that can help. Since the GP bought it up I can't help but feel that the things I'm feeling and experiencing are similar to what I felt in the early stages with DS. I also can't help but feel that the newer things I'm experiencing are psychosomatic. It's been a rollercoaster of emotions to say the least. I know I could have gone out and bought a HPT but I'm honestly too scared to. If it's negative I will feel bad because I've wasted money when the results are already there just waiting for me. It's doing my head in!!

So after all this DH and I have decided it's time to start taking things a little more seriously if this isn't our BFP. He has had a testosterone test done (but that's because he's on pain meds and they seem to think there is some correlation to long term pain med use and low testosterone levels) and he will be getting a semen analysis done very soon. For me there will be more tests to work out what is going on and more than likely going to the gyno seeing as I haven't seen one in some time due to moving around a fair bit.

I'd love to talk to others who are in a similar situation regarding TTC with PCOS and the complications that can arise.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chunkydunks For This Useful Post:

Turk EnJayDee  (19-05-2013)

Love_Monkey_Heart is offline Blessed with a very cheeky Monkey!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi chunkydunks

I am currently TTC number 2 with pcos. My ds is 15 months old. In 2010 I did 3 failed clomid cycles and moved on to FSH injections with timed bd in 2011. Amazingly I feel pregnant first go!!

I am currently in the middle of an FSH cycle and am hoping that I'm about to ovulate - having some cramping and ewcm tonight. I've been injecting for nearly 3 weeks now and go back for a scan tomorrow to check on my follies.

I believe that I previously have had a miscarriage too although a bt came back negative what I experienced was not a normal period.

I understand how you feel re buying tests etc. I hardly ever want to do a home test as I feel it's just a waste etc as I've never managed to get pregnant naturally before. Fingers crossed your Dr has some good news for you tomorrow!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Hi

Best of luck with your scans tomorrow. I hope you have as much luck with this cycle as you did with your first FSH cycle.
    We considered going the assisted route but with moving towns and having to wait to see publuc gynos I've had a lot of trouble getting help beyond GP care. The one time I was offered clomid I knocked it back saying I wanted to try lose weight first to see if I could conceive naturally. I sorta regret that now. There is also the cost issue for us. I just hope that this is the result we're looking for. Just don't want to get my hopes up yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck chunkydunks! We have been ttc for 10mths now and I've only just been diagnosed with pcos. We are taking the if it happens it happens approach just dtd often. We are currently living with family so I'm not really ready to start getting right into trying yet. I'm hoping to get my pcos under control by eating better, losing weight and I'm also taking diaformin xr. It'll be good to chat with people going through the same thing!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi

I so understand the living with family thing. It certainly makes things more difficult. With any luck you will get your bfp very soon. I think I worked out that we've lived with family for about 3 years all up. The main stints were wih sil for 5 months when ds was 20-25 months and again for 2 years which we only left 9 months ago.

Are you finding the metformin is helping at all? I'm meant to be taking it but it makes me so nauseous that I decided I could do without it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Just rang and got the cryptic response of "the doctor wants to see you for a non urgent appointment" and I can't get in until Thursday afternoon. Frustration much!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well hopefully it's only temporary living with my sister. our real estate decided not to re new our lease and the company dp worked for went bust so we weren't in a good financial position to find a new house. It's been a rough few months then finding out about my pcos was the icing on the cake. Dd is 3 this year and I always thought I'd have another by now.

I haven't experienced any nausea on the pills had some cramping but it's too soon to tell I think. It has decreased my appetite which is good because I think my weight may also play a big factor in not being able to conceive. I'll go back to the gp in a month to check how things are going.

Well non urgent is hopefully a good sign, sucks you have to wait to get in. Let us know how it goes!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Similar situation happened to us when we first moved in with my parents. We lost our rental and we weren't working so had trouble getting a place. Then we had a falling out with my parents so we moved up north thinking it would be easier to get a place. Boy were we wrong lol. Good luck getting a new place.

Weight can play a big part in fertility. I've been losing for a bit now so hopefully it's helping with it all.

I'm sure the tests come back negative or she would have been in a bigger hurry to see me since I had the bleed. I'm just more annoyed that I still don't know what the pain is.

Love_Monkey_Heart is offline Blessed with a very cheeky Monkey!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Grr I hate those cryptic responses. Are you going to poas in the meantime? If you do go the assisted route FSH injections aren't too costly. I think it varies per clinic and how they actually run their cycles but no where near the cost of IVF.

So my little follie was about 15mm. No more scans now as we're just doing bt every 2nd day to watch for the surge. They are expecting that I will surge by the end of the week...eeek. I will still do a trigger shot as a bit of a booster and then I have a further 2 boosters to do after that. Although I can't remember what days they are on so I'll have to double check that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I'm almost certain now that I'm not utd. I remember her saying that she would get me back in to order scans straight away if it was positive. I'm just more annoyed that I still don't know what is causing this pain.

It all sounds like it's going well for you. I'll look into the fsh a bit to see what's involved. Not sure how I'd go with injections though lol. I hate needles!