+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks all

IVF can be heartbreaking at times. I can't believe how strong people are who go through this and I'm amazed by women who do it for years and years. For the first time my DH is feeling a bit negative about our chances where he was always very positive that we would succeed. He was really gutted to hear yesterday that our embryo didn't survive whereas I don't think I ever expected it would. I hope he gets his positive outlook back.

I mentioned going to donor eggs and FS thinks we should see how our FET and one more Stim go (that will be stim #4) and then after that we should start talking about it as an option. DH is going to have a DNA fragmentation test to further identify if the issue may be with the sperm but I think that's less likely than it being with my eggs.

x Erin

Thanks
    Reviews
    Erin,
    you are doing a amazing job. Weather you do 5 or 10 cycles it is still so hard.
    Your Doctor is right. Wait and see how your frostie goes. Then one more Stim.
    I understand how your husband feels. I think he is just trying to protect himself. It it easier to be negative then to believe that it is possible. I am sure he wants to have a baby just as much as you do. If there was one piece of advice that I could give would be, always communicate with your husband.
    Are you doing really well. Don't be to hard on yourself. If Ivf was easy everyone would get pregnant first cycle.
    Just take one day at a time. Know that we are all hear.
    Much love Kel xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Kel, my DH seems to have perked up a bit now. It was just such a disheartening week for us and I'm sure he was trying to protect himself and me, as you say. I can see how badly he wants to be a dad but he doesn't want to put pressure on me.

He doesn't really raise his feelings for discussion, but I do all the time with him so he gets an opportunity to say what he is thinking or feeling.

Anyway, AFM, I am doing better now than during the week. Moving on and starting the countdown to our next chance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Erin,
    You really are doing a amazing job. You are doing everything right.

Sounds like you have a amazing husband. Men can tend to struggle with there feeling. Thinking that they have to be strong all the time. It is great that you can say how you are feeling with your husband.
    Glad you are feeling a little better this week.
    Please keep us posted.
    My sister has her first ultrasound on Thursday. This is her 4th cycle. She is on massive doses of the injection. 650. Hoping that does the trick.

Look after yourself.
    much love Kel xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,
    just a quick post today. My sister had her first scan today. She is on 600 gonral f. Think the spelling is wrong, sorry.
    She only had one follicle. Not sure what they will do next.
    Feeling helpless.
    Hope everyone is well.

kel xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Kel, thats so unfair!!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no Kel. Is this her first cycle? Has she had previous cycles where she responded better?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls, this is her 4th cycle. The Doctor thinks she may have already ovulated.
    He said there is a 80% chance that there is a egg in the follicle.
    Not sure what I think. He is happy to let her complete the cycle. It's not the doctors money. Just seems a big risk to me when this is only the first scan.
    She is having a blood test in the morning. Will know more then.

I was talking to a lovely lady in the supermarket yesterday that said she had done 14 Stim cycles. She has no children. Life can be so hard.

chat soon Kel x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've heard of other cases where they just trigger you and then let you try naturally. Is that an option? I really feel for her. How very disappointing. Has she had better results in the prior cycles?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Erin,
    my sister has had very little luck. Her first cycle was cancelled as she did not stimulate. Both 2nd and 3rd cycle she got 2eggs. She hand one transferred each time on day 3. With negative results. Both remaining embryos not viable to freeze.
    She has since found out she has low egg reserve and nk cells.
    She is my twin sister. We will be 41 in December.
    I don't know how she will cope if she does not have a baby.
    She is so angry at every pregnant women. I am trying to tell her that they might have had to do ivf to get there.
    Hope you are doing well.
    take care and chat soon
    Kel. X